just re introducing myself here.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

keithinspokane

as the topic states im starting this thread to re introduce myself here reeffrontiers.im keithinspokane. havent been to active as the tank has been too active.long story short i had an old light/browning to a new light/bleaching problem.i had around 10 or so sps perish.and then by the time i got around to testing the tank,the alk was very very low.the tank is now back in check and ready to be stocked,only has 2 fish and a few inverrts as of now.

while im at it i wanted to share a few of the pics i had taken of some of the corals we had while the tank was doing good,before i archive them and essentially get rid of them.so here are the pics.
rainbowmonti121607close.jpg

unknownacro121307.jpg

DSC02699.jpg

DSC02698.jpg

DSC02700.jpg

DSC02701.jpg

DSC02702.jpg

DSC02706.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

DSC02697.jpg

DSC02696.jpg

and that would pretty much be all the sps pic i still have left lol.i know the pics arent of the best quality out there,im sure its both the cameras fault,and mine :p.

but like i said the tank is now back in check from its problems and ready to be stocked with corals once again.and maybe a fish.im sure this isnt the thread,nor the forum to be saying,but im taking sps donations for my tank :p.
i dont have much to trade other than ro/di water.but anyways thanks for reading my thread and nice to meet everybody here...again.:p

Welcome back Keith!! Glad to hear everything is back in order, or at least heading in the right direction!! Many people let those problems discourage them and they end up leaving the hobby. I'm glad to hear you aren't one of those. While "rebuilding," make sure to take lots of pics and keep us all posted!! There's lots of people in the Spokane area who will be glad to offer advice, suggestions, help and maybe even some coral frags!!

thanks sid.ya i told myself this will be "its life".thats what ive been calling it(a long lifespan) theres no other reason for the tank not to have huge colonies other than my own doing.or not doing in my case.long story short i had lost my job didnt want to spend the money on the blah blah ended up just charging them on credit card,but by then stuff was already going downhill,and then adding brand new bulbs didnt help.then didnt work for a while (at least not steadily) so the tank just sat there as a fowlr with halides.a while ago i was like no way,all this stuff for 2 fish? no.

so needless to say i chased down parameters,completely gutted out the sump and trimmed up the chaeto,chased the parameters some more and now the tank is doing pretty good.i had done some minor scaping changes and noticed some monti polyps growing on the remains of the skeleton left from the last group.and i can already see new polyps popping in which makes me extra happy.well anyways thats all i got for now,im sure ill be posting the latest pics of the tank i have here in a bit.:p thanks for reading.

so heres a few pics of my sump and such.nothing exiting but ill show it anyways.

chaeto.jpg

featherdustersinfirstsetbaffles.jpg

sumplight.jpg

fullsumpshot.jpg

im sure more pics will come....not sure of what yet but im sure ill find something.lol.

here is a full tank pic right after the minor re scape.....err the crappy,mostly full tank shot.lol.there is a slight hue difference in the bulbs as they are different brands,was nothing i could do about it that day i needed bulbs thats all he had,but the picture really defines the difference.not to mention these 2 pics are kind of dark as i was playing with the manual settings instead of auto.

DSC04701.jpg

oh ya and heres another blah pic...this one of the ployps i was talking about.
DSC04707.jpg

and like i said this makes me happy because they are getting bigger,not smaller.i didnt think there were any coral polyps left,its been a while since there was.cant see it in the picture but theres actually 3 little areas of polyps.thanks for reading.

Back