Just saying hi new to this board....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Great! Another girl who names her fish.....
At least your names are entertaining!

My daughter picks names like Dori (go figure), Dingo, Ralphie....etc.
She struggled a bit when I put in the 20 chromis :)

Seriously,
It's Nice to see a tank without the "wall of rock"... I really like what you've done with the place. Dan

LoL cute =)

I name everything. I named our lobster Mr. Lobster lol... so i'm with your daughter there!

Thanks!

I've never named anything in my tank. Seems like everyone else manages to though.

A girl I work with named my coral banded shrimp Sebastian. She thinks I'm mean though since I banished it to the refugium lol.

hey welcome to reef frontiers, i my self am also new and jsut wanted to say what up, and dont be surprised when these guys start making you feel like norm when he walked into the cheers bar

in other words they do have there own special way of makin you feel right at home.

Some times you wanna go where every body knows your name!!!

do love the tank and the rock work

i myself also have black sand in my tank in my 75 gallon and it some how some way finds its self all over my white walls behind it i guess from bubble bursts or something

it looks terrible but makes my taank look good

hope you dont have the same prob!!!

A little late, but welcome to RF. Lots of good folks and more knowledge than you'll know what to do with. Life is a little mellower here, I think you'll like it.

I really like your tank!!:D

How old is Sebastian?

hey welcome to reef frontiers, i my self am also new and jsut wanted to say what up, and dont be surprised when these guys start making you feel like norm when he walked into the cheers bar

in other words they do have there own special way of makin you feel right at home.

Some times you wanna go where every body knows your name!!!

do love the tank and the rock work

i myself also have black sand in my tank in my 75 gallon and it some how some way finds its self all over my white walls behind it i guess from bubble bursts or something

it looks terrible but makes my taank look good

hope you dont have the same prob!!!

Haha thanks :) I had black & white sand in my 54.. but chose to go with the white sand this time. Sorry to hear about it getting all over your walls, I would not like that.

It's a cool board I like it =)

A little late, but welcome to RF. Lots of good folks and more knowledge than you'll know what to do with. Life is a little mellower here, I think you'll like it.

I really like your tank!!:D

How old is Sebastian?

Thanks! :) I like it here so far!

Sebastian turns two this summer. Still acts like a puppy!

sebastian4.jpg

Hi there NH, welcome.

What is the picture of the animal with the BIG black eyes? (Not the dog.) What is that guy?

Hi there NH, welcome.

What is the picture of the animal with the BIG black eyes? (Not the dog.) What is that guy?

Thanks! He's a sugar glider. More specifically a White Mosaiac white variation. Very high end and he's all mine *evil laugh* mwhahaha!

Thanks! He's a sugar glider. More specifically a White Mosaiac white variation. Very high end and he's all mine *evil laugh* mwhahaha!

You should post up that picture of your Glider room on this board. And a few more pics. More I look at them, the more I want one.

BTW, do they smell at all?

You should post up that picture of your Glider room on this board. And a few more pics. More I look at them, the more I want one. BTW, do they smell at all?

Ok :) They dont' smell, but males can and will scent during breeding times... so they can mark their cages sometimes. It's not a big deal unless you have a lot of gliders. The spoiled fresh fruit is a worse smell to me if not cleaned properly.

Left side glider room.
glider8.jpg

Right side glider room.
glider7.jpg

Glider babies I produced.
glider6.jpg

glider11.jpg

glider12.jpg

I heart my gliders =)

Cool! Their eyes are so big, they must be nocturnal animals (?). Are they active at night? How do they glide (or do they)?

Cool! Their eyes are so big, they must be nocturnal animals (?). Are they active at night? How do they glide (or do they)?

Yes, they are nocturnal, bright light scares them bad and hurts their eyes. They have a flap of skin that comes out during flight.

glacier2.jpg

glacier3.jpg

Back