Just saying hi new to this board....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OMG! That is just too cool.

What are their personalities like? Do the relate to people at all? Are they affectionate/playful?

OMG! That is just too cool.

What are their personalities like? Do the relate to people at all? Are they affectionate/playful?

Every one of my gliders is different. They are all very playful and do interact well. They are not loving like dogs, more like little gremlins. They play with all kinds of toys like cat and bird toys. If they don't have access to that, they don't do well. An interesting thing about gliders, they love knots. They untie them and play with them. I tie huge knots up at night and in the morning they are all untied. It's cute.

Jeesh, what an abusive mom! She throws adorable little animals across the room for fun.

JK.:D

LoL! It's cute.. they walk to the end of your hand.. and tense all up ready to spring.. then spring and glide... it's so funny to watch a lil baby do it's first glides... we crack up laughing.

Lol...I keep reading my husband bits of this thread, and sending him pictures at his work. Every time I tell him something new, he says "We can't have one!" (Can't imagine why he'd even think this. :rolleyes:)

Every time I tell him something new, he says "We can't have one!" (Can't imagine why he'd even think this. )

LMAO !!! my husband says the same thing :lol: .....darn it with that man :lol: .

Lol...I keep reading my husband bits of this thread, and sending him pictures at his work. Every time I tell him something new, he says "We can't have one!" (Can't imagine why he'd even think this. :rolleyes:)

Hmm, having been to your house, I can't imagine! :D

"But honey, it needed rescuing!"

Lol, nice.

So how's Oreo doing? Did he eat your fire shrimp yet?

Nope! It's funny the shrimp rides Oreo all over the tank cleaning him. I thought for sure he was going to be ate one day when he was cleaning him!

shrimp4.jpg

shrimp7.jpg

Awesome photos of the eel and shrimp! Is that a fire shrimp? He's very pretty. Oreo is way cool, too.

Do you have your livestock listed somewhere on this thread? I'll have to check...

OK, found your livestock list. So, I'm learning here that eels aren't necessarily dangerous to other fish in the tank! You've got lots of small fish. Oreo's never bothered any of them? How do you feed him?

Last edited:
Welcome :)
I love your pictures and animals! That is the best name for your eel. Your shrimp is either really brave or er, really dumb :D

Awesome photos of the eel and shrimp! Is that a fire shrimp? He's very pretty. Oreo is way cool, too.

Do you have your livestock listed somewhere on this thread? I'll have to check...

OK, found your livestock list. So, I'm learning here that eels aren't necessarily dangerous to other fish in the tank! You've got lots of small fish. Oreo's never bothered any of them? How do you feed him?

Thanks :) Yes, it's a fire shrimp and a zebra eel. Oreo never bugs anyone. Zebras are more crust. eaters then fish. He won't bother any of my live stock but he may start eating some of the crabs and snails as he gets bigger. I just keep him well fed and it should help.

I feed him with tongs. He's very sweet and gentle =)

Back