Just sharing

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IPisces

Thought I would share a few pics. I am waiting till after the holidays to get a macro lense for my camera.

This made me laugh. I neglected to clean this one side of the tank glass for a couple days and came home one evening to fishy kisses all over the glass. Think it was their way of writing clean me?

Very, nice
Your stuff looks great ;)

Thanks Niles.
Everything I've gotten from you is doing great. Actually, the one frag I told you that went all white on me, I actually got some of it to come back. I was able to save about a half inch of it. Its doing good now too.

Last edited:
Glad to hear! All your corals look healthy i like the fts looks like alot of goodies ready to take off!

Glad to hear! All your corals look healthy i like the fts looks like alot of goodies ready to take off!

They are. I have seen new growth on a lot of the sps. At least a 1/4" in the last month. New branches coming out all over. And many new polyps on most all zoas in just the last month or so.

very nice tank:)love the lunars:)

You still wanting some? I'll get you a few. I've just been really busy and havent had a chance to do any fragging. I have more zoas I will be fragging. Probably 1st of the year.

Last edited:
How are the seahorses doing? I thought they couldn't be in a mixed reef tank due to the amount of flow needed for the reef, where seahorses could only tolerate low flow???

How are the seahorses doing? I thought they couldn't be in a mixed reef tank due to the amount of flow needed for the reef, where seahorses could only tolerate low flow???

Oh, they are not in the same tank as the mixed reef. I actually have three tanks. The seahorses are in a pie shaped 55 gal. The tank is approx 34" tall. Notice the sponge tree is not in the full tank pics. And the fishy kisses pic is of my Red Sea Max 34.

Oh, they are not in the same tank as the mixed reef. I actually have three tanks. The seahorses are in a pie shaped 55 gal. The tank is approx 34" tall. Notice the sponge tree is not in the full tank pics. And the fishy kisses pic is of my Red Sea Max 34.

Ah, thanks. I was wondering about that... :)

Any full tank shots of your seahorse tank?

Here is a tank shot of the seahorse tank from a month ago. It's been slightly rearranged since this pic.

That 75 sure cleaned up nice and is sure looking good! Becky and I just redid our aquascape last night on ours...talk about a project. Much more open now with better flow. Take care,
Dave

That 75 sure cleaned up nice and is sure looking good! Becky and I just redid our aquascape last night on ours...talk about a project. Much more open now with better flow. Take care,
Dave

Thanks Dave,Becky, Yeah that night after we swapped tanks I was beat. Its a lot of work.

Just got a new gorgonia for the seahorse tank. Its really pretty. It wasn't in the tank more than five minutes and he was there checking it out.
She was still hanging out at the feeding station.

Back