just somthing to think about

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bighitrider45

clown fish
I have a question, Im pretty sure coral eat fish poop (i think) and so if you have alot of coral, you would think you would want a lot of fish....hmm? so if you have a 10 gallon packed with zoas then wouldnt u want alot of fish to feed those coral? (just an example):?::?::?::D:oops::oops::oops::oops::idea:

Sort of but you have to find the right balance without over doing it. Alot depends on the system in general. Some of us have "high powered" system that remove waste quickly other do not. Obviously those that have "low powered" system cant hand near the fish load.

Dpm

One fish can poop a lot.
And even if the corals like all the fish waste, packing in a lot of fish in a ten gallon
won't be good for the fish. If you want your corals to feed more, I'm sure they're lots of
prepared foods you could feed the tank without the added bioload of fish.

Last edited:
Try to remember for a vast amount of corals, capturing food will take a lot of energy. Its also not only fish poo your corals will be eating. Your corals will also be eating detritius and the bacteria associated with it, so you just need a way to get it to them. Flow situated in such a fashion that detritus gets suspended in the water column is a good way. They will also get nutrients via absorption, and of course by light (zooxanthellae in the corals).

Let's Talk About ~Coral Feeding~

oh lol yeah like i wasnt serious about my example i was jsut giving an...example lol but yeah i guess that makes sense that fish poo out more than corals can take in

Back