Just wanted to share my black sun coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IPisces

I got this fabulous coral from returnofsid last time he and his family were in town. I just wated to share a pic of it. It is so cool and doing extremely well. Thanks again Michael. I'm enjoying it.
DSC05658.jpg

Nice, we don't see very many black corals.
Do you feed it during the lighting period for polyps to open?

It opens up once in a while during the day and I have fed it during the day, but so far its not opening this fully during the day. I might need to move it to an area with a little less light, but then it gets hard to feed it. Its in a spot now thats perfect for feeding. This was taken if I remember right about a half hour or so after lights out so thats when it is getting fed most often.

Great picture!! Glad to see it's doing well. Mine rarely has any polyps open, during the daytime. I really need to work more on "training" it to feed during the day.

Try frozen cyclopeze, Cyclop-eze, whatever it is. I fed some tonight just after the daylight went out and actinic lights still on and they came out full bloom. Just beautiful. Thanks again Mike. This coral is gorgeous.
DSC05739.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I also got a piece from him a while back that is doing great! Always happy and hungry.

Back