Juvi Blueline Angel (C.septentrionalis )

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thank you! I've wanted one for a long time. When I saw this one on Diver's Den I had to get her.

She's an interesting little fish with lots of personality.

Cant wait to see her with full adult coloration.

Nick

Its pretty much nibbling at everything I put in as food. Scallop strips, shrimp pieces etc....I still primarily feed organic dried Nori on a clip to it....but I'm trying to phase that out as it seems to adding phosphate to my system.

It's very curious, it will happily steal food from LPS in the tank with it.

Nick

Incredibly beautiful Angefish Nick, also cannot wait to see full adult coloration.

Cheers, Todd

Three new pics from today...sorry they're all from the same side....it wasnt cooperating. But these are the best ones I've taken of the fish....

Blueline_3_01-19-12-1.jpg

Blueline_1_01-19-12-1.jpg

Blueline_2_01-19-12-1.jpg

Its getting bigger and the juvi colors are fading.

Nick

Pics as of 04-19-2012

Blueline_1-1.jpg

Blueline_7-1.jpg

Blueline_3-1.jpg

Blueline_12-1.jpg

Still growing and doing well. The Juvi colors are fading fast.

Nick

Thanks!
Those pics are about 2x the size of the actual fish.

I cant wait to see it as an adult.

Nick

Eating anything else besides nori?

I have a regal angel on QT for 5wks and only eats algae on the clip

If no one takes the adult blueline from seascape by next Thursday, I might have to swoop it up. Yours looks awesome Nick!

Eating anything else besides nori?

I have a regal angel on QT for 5wks and only eats algae on the clip

Its eating Scallop and Shrimp greedily now, as well as Nori. Wont touch broccoli on the clip though.
CONGRATS on the Regal!!! The fact that its eating algae on the clip is huge IMO/IME. That's the tough one to get them on. If its eating Nori, it will go for meaty foods eventually. Especially when you get other fish around it eating meaty foods teaching it that its food.
Where did you get the Regal from? Is it a Yellow Chest or a Blue Chest?

If no one takes the adult blueline from seascape by next Thursday, I might have to swoop it up. Yours looks awesome Nick!

Daniel, I havent been in Seascape since I saw you last, so I havent seen the Blueline you're talking about....But I say go for it! They're a smaller angel, and not that common out here. I think it would be a stunning centerpiece fish for your big tank.

Nick

7-15-2012
Not quite 1 year with the angel yet, but the Juvi colors are all but gone. Pics from today...

IMG_2227-1.jpg

IMG_2223-1.jpg

IMG_2222-1.jpg

The fish is about 2.5 inches and very curious.......

Still wont touch broccoli though....

Nick

Not to doubt you buy I am curious. I remember being told that (I have a bad memory ) broccoli was not really good for the fish it was something done in the past before they knew about it. And isn't nori cooked and filled with phosphates? I have tangs that I want to start feeding more "clipped" foods. TIA

Sea algae contains high quantities of HUFA types of nutrients. This is what herbivore marine fishes need. Broccoli and other land plants (such as lettuce) don't have high quantities of this. Broccoli and Romaine lettuce was given to marine fishes because we didn't have any 'natural' sea algae to feed. Romaine lettuce has the highest amount of HUFAs of any land, leafy plant suitable for fishes, but it still isn't high enough. Fish living on a land diet die early -- they have a shortened lifespan.

Now that we have marine algae available to us, we need to use it. Read more about it here, merrcenary: How to Feed Macro Algae to Marine Fishes and also: Macro Algae for Tangs

Good luck!

Back