Keeping Frogspawn Together.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Alpental

I think I know the answer to this but I figure I’d double check with you guys. What is the compatibility between the Euphyllia species of corals? Are they like zoas, meaning that I can have a frogspawn bumping into a hammer coral which is bumping into a torch coral…etc. Basically, I have two different colored frogspawns that I wanted to keep next to each other. One is bright green with pink tips and the other is pinkish with bright green and also purple tips on the same head. Thanks.

I want to say it would be ok but not sure on that, I know you need to give them room between other corals though.

IME the torch is the only one to cause a problem (sting the others), but hammers and frogspawn etc, can co-exist with each other in very tight conditions.

I agree with Rod, hammers and frogspawn get along well together, but torches do not get along with them. My two frogspawns have been next to each other and touching for many years now.

fs1.jpg
together

Wow, great pic! That's exactly the same combo I'm going to have. I guess that answers my question.

Back