Keeping the glass cleaner longer?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Gazbo

I was just wondering if there is a way to keep a tank glass cleaner longer? I know snails help but only a little. The reason I ask if your a maintenace buisness and only go there once a week or every couple of weeks how can you keep the glass clean until your next visit. On my DT I having to scrape the glass less and less as time goes by but maybe every few days and there is not much to scrape. I have heard there are some people that rarely have to scrape there glass, now is this because the food they feed, amount given and making sure the water is pristine. Is there any little trick to keep the glass clean until the next visit.

Point powerheads toward the glass. I know where my waterflow is the strongest on the glass because i dont get that lovely shade of green. Then the cleanliness of the water itself is a big part. Ive heard people say when they startup a pellet reactor, they have noticibly less stuff on the glass also.

Point powerheads toward the glass. I know where my waterflow is the strongest on the glass because i dont get that lovely shade of green. Then the cleanliness of the water itself is a big part. Ive heard people say when they startup a pellet reactor, they have noticibly less stuff on the glass also.

That would make sense with pellet reactor I recently added one and noticing not nearly as much glass cleaning is needed.

Give it time to really kick in. Just make sure they stay tumbling so you dont get a big gum ball...lol

No problem there I got it at OBD with there signature series skimmer. Still trying to get it dialed in but already see a improvement in 2-3 weeks

A UV sterilizer makes a difference as well. If you don't have one yet, get one of the strong magnets (like a hammerhead) that makes cleaning the glass a breeze. You can leave the pad in the tank ready to go.

The maintenance and cleaning of tank glass is very important and can be one by using some kind of glass polish on it regularly. As the clean glass gives the clear view of aquarium. The use of powerheads is also important for cleaning of glass from inside.

Back