Kent RODI gasket

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jeremy165

Hi everyone,

I changed out the ro membrane on my kent marine 3 stage RODI unit. When I put the new membrane in (the correct way) and screwed on the cap everything looked good. Then I turned on the water and everything looked good until the water pressure in the ro started to rise. Around 40 psi water started to spray out of the tiny crack where the housing screws closed. Believe me I screwed that thing down tight.

I took the housing back apart and looked at the gasket or o-ring inside the lid. Looks like that o-ring is done for. I took it to home depot and ace hardware and neither had it. I'm going to a plumbing supply store tomor but any idea where I can just order the correct gasket?

thanks
J

Other than online you may try sears in the water conditioning section but most probably you'll have to order it. These fittings are NOT made to be over tightened, that would actually destroy it, so just slightly over hand tight is all you need.

Can someone help me find where I can order this o-ring online. I've been to almost 10 places now - hardware stores, truck rebuild shops...

I appreciate the help.

j

Other than online you may try sears in the water conditioning section but most probably you'll have to order it. These fittings are NOT made to be over tightened, that would actually destroy it, so just slightly over hand tight is all you need.

filter guys.com should have one!!

Filterguys.com didn't work as a link. More of a search site.

Really, does anyone know where I can order this straight from kent marine?

Another idea someone had is to relube the o-ring with a tiny film of vaseline all over it. Will this be harmful to my ro membrane or my di cartridge?

Thanks
jeremy

Any LFS that sells Kent products should be able to get it for you. Another option would be an industrial supply warehouse that sells gaskets and seals. Most of them have O-ring kits where they can make them in any size you want in about one minute.
If that does not work a new RO housing should only be $15 or so complete.

Back