kill the crab!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Do you live in Camelot? Because I know that they have a neighborhood garage sale every year. I always wonder how people have new stuff to sell every year. Where does it come from? lol

And this crab looks to be an even tougher opponent. I hope you get him some time in the next 4-8 years! Matt just use your military training and survival skillz. This Crab should be no match for your superior Intelligence.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you tried a crawdad trap, or crab snare?
otherwise I'm with the guy who said tangled fishing line.. I've caught plenty of dungeness crabs that way on Whidbey Island

lol....Okay, Im back in town now so i have another two weeks until i gotta go again. Down side to fishing line is getting my trigger and wrasse tangled up in it. I really like the boiling water idea but now the trick is to get close enough to him to use it. With Mother's day being tomorrow I wont be able to give it another shot until Monday. I will keep you posted on the progress though! Oh and yes, it is the Camelot ginormous garage sale! Today was crazy as heck. I put a sign out crab for sale and frags for sale but no one even knew what a frag was so I gave up hope on selling the crab.....

Thanks for the update. Its been pretty boring the past 5 days. We havent had any body to bash. LOL

Good luck. and remember have a backup weapon at hand.

LOL, Kirsh you just added 50 more gray hairs to NWs head. BTW we made it to 100 posts and still going.

I'm assuming crabzilla is still in there laughing at you? While he is stalking his next meal. Now that he has 200 mouths to feed. He will be uping HIS game.

A long awaited finale for this thread! I finally caught him! After getting rid of a lot of rock I trapped him in the corner and netted him. I have him in my water change tub.....So if anyone wants a FREE CRAB let me know! He would go great in your sump for clean up. Just not in your tank as you have read already I'm sure! :)

6291965959_618fd9c85c_z.jpg

See his evil little beady eyes?!

OMGosh....Congrats on the catch. It would be nice if someone had a refugium big enough for him.
Personally I think those crabs are creepy!

Yeah, I'd hate to kill a $400.00 crab. Well he killed that much in fish anyway.....;-) it would be bitter sweet though.

Back