Kirks 375 gallon tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NC2WA

Well, my steel stand was finally delivered on Thursday by Jason at CFI. I must say this is one impressive piece of equipment. The workmanship on this stand is great. He did a very fine job. Since I do not have a front access panel from the inside of the house, Jason made a 18" catwalk around the entire perimeter of the tank.

My 125g sump should be ready this weekend and then we (err. I mean Jason) :) starts on the 370 gallon tank. :D

Here are pics of the stand:

http://project370.wordpress.com

I will be updating this site regulary in the next couple of weeks. I hope to visit Jason's warehouse and get a couple of pics of the tank being built.

Enjoy,
Kirk

Hey Kirk, I stopped by to visit Jason last week just as he was finishing your stand so I got to see it up close and personal, real quality workmanship there, no danger of that stand collapsing:lol: He's got a great shop and some top notch equipment there, you should check it out. Jason is going to build me a tank and stand shortly after he finishes yours, I'm looking forward to watching your tank come together on this thread... best regards, joe

Joe,

I hope to visit his shop when he starts to build my tank. I want to get a couple of pics for my blog. :D

And I thought my tank was big. I can't imagine a 500 gallon tank. I would have like to gone bigger, but I dont have the space for it.

If you can remember to send some pics my way when your tank is ready, I would love to see it. My in-laws live on the Island, maybe I could make a trip of it. :D:D

Kirk

And I thought my tank was big. I can't imagine a 500 gallon tank. I would have like to gone bigger, but I dont have the space for it.

Kirk

LOL... Sorry... but if "space" is the only stopping you.... Must be rough.... My WALLET ISNT DEEP ENOUGH.. so I guess.. I dont have enough space either>:rolleyes: !? :lol:

Jaybo,

Believe it or not, my wife gave me this as a Xmas present last year. She was tired of me whining about "I needed a bigger tank", so she said for Xmas I could have the biggest darn tank I wanted up to 500 gallons. (This is under the caveat that I cannot ask for a larger tank, this is IT).

Even though my wife gave me the OK for 500 gallon tank, I said "no" to the idea. I rather have the size tank I'm getting and be able to afford the lifestyle for our family (i.e., 3 kids). :D

I have 3 of my own.. settled with a 120.. for now..
Its nice having the "other half" on the same page as far as "hobbies" go... this one included! My wife picked out her tank... (without looking at the gallons and just pictures) and it was a 1500 gallon MAMBO JUMBO... Once I explained the costs (skimmer, pumps, lights ect) she said.. oh... then half that! When we get our house.. we get our tank!

Hope your tank comes along with as little snags as possible! Its looking great already. Looking forward to taggin' along and watchin' the progress!

I am going to Jason's shop tomorrow to pickup my sump. Next on the build list is the tank !!!

Yeah, baby !!!
Kirk

Looks like it will be a nice one, congrats Kirk!
Take many pics when you get it, before, during & installing it:D

Tank is finished and will be delivered tomorrow !!!!!!

We are trying for Saturday to start the assembly process.

Pics pending....

Great looking stand and child in that picture :). I wish my husband was more interested in this "hobby"... well maybe not *grin*. Anyway looks like it will be a really good looking setup. I will enjoy watching. -

Deb,

Thank you. My son is a special needs child and loves the fish, esp. the sound of the water running. It is great therapy for him.

I will be taking plenty of pictures. :D

Kirk

Joe,

Hmmmm..good question. IF Jason can get all the closed loops and returns plumbed then I am guessing within 1.5 wks. My LR has been curing for almost 2 months, so it is ready to go in the tank.

I plan on adding the sand first, placement of LR next, then add the water last. I have no interest in adding the LR with a Ca cloud storm. (been there done that, no fun). :)

Jason did make a comment that it may take up to one week to fill the tank, as I will have to mix at least 300 gallons of RO water. My SpectraPure membrane is only rated for 90gpd.

Kirk

Back