Koralia Evo fix

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NWDiver

Swimming with the fishes
Howdy all,
I have 4 Koralia Evo's in my 120.
2 1400's on wave (Apex) and 2 1050's full time.
I noticed that once and a while the 1400's would start backward.
Several people have experienced this same issue, cleaning the powerhead (pretty clean to start with) seems to fix the issue for a while.
The trouble for me is that when they run backwards they blast coral that I have placed for lower flow.
So I sent an e-mail to Koralia USA and received a response within an hour asking for my address. Three days later (today) I received a package with 5 replacement parts to correct the issue.
That is my definition of customer support!

-Todd

WOW nice I love customer support for me its a HUGE deal....as a patient care provider I believe in giving the upmost best care, and feel industry should be the same with its customers

Hey Todd...May I ask of your placement of your k4,s in your tank...I also have a 120 with a corner overflow and I have 3 k4,s and a K6 on the way....
do you have any dead spots based on your placement? Thanks for your input!!

PS..Thats qulity customer service and its great of you to mention it!!

Yeah i have two of the 1050s that were running backwards and they got back to me within a couple hours and a few days later i had the new bushings in the mailbox :)

Heya Shane,
Sorry for the slow reply :)
I have two corner overflows in my 120.
My rock is built through the center of the tank leaving space in the back.
I have a 1050 on each side behind the rock near the bottom, attached to the overflows and pointing up and toward the far side of the tank with half of the flow going through the rocks.
The 1400s are up high in the center of the tank one on each side pointing to the middle and slightly up. The 1400s are on the apex and turn off for a few seconds every 10, 15, 20 seconds. This gives crazy chaotic water flow for the sps at the top of my reef.
The slowest water movement is in the front of the tank and nothing ever builds up there at all.
My sand sifter stirs things up enough that I can't really see if there are dead spots that I am missing, but it has been working really well for a few months.

Back