koralia powerheads

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cwby416, you'll have to let me know how you like it after they've been running on that controller for awhile. Ideally, like everyone else I would love to get something that will work but for as cheap as possible. It's hard for me to justify spending $150+ on a controller.......but I will if I have to:D

I'm going to order 2x of the #3's pretty soon for my 40B SPS tank.

Wowa - (2) #3's in a 40 is going to be pretty intense water movement. I have (2) #3's in my 180-gal puffer tank. If the Porc is not paying attention he has been thrown half way across the tank from this ph. Just wanted to warn you if you haven't seen these in action.

Wowa - (2) #3's in a 40 is going to be pretty intense water movement. I have (2) #3's in my 180-gal puffer tank. If the Porc is not paying attention he has been thrown half way across the tank from this ph. Just wanted to warn you if you haven't seen these in action.

It should end up being about 40X turnover.

I might do 2x of the #2's instead, with a #1 going underneath the bridge I have, or across the back. Think that will work better? It'll still end up being 40x...At least its pretty gentle flow.

I currently run the #3 on that same controller. I was running the seio's on it, but decided to try the korallia. I had one of the seio's break after 14 months on this wavemaker. It chatters a lot and is pretty annoying, so I am going to go back to seio's and just replace them when they break. I will probably run the korallia continually and then have the seio come on and off with the controller. Haven't decided yet.
-chris

It should end up being about 40X turnover.

I might do 2x of the #2's instead, with a #1 going underneath the bridge I have, or across the back. Think that will work better? It'll still end up being 40x...At least its pretty gentle flow.

I ordered two #4s for my 40b. Boy was I wrong. One of these babies gives major flow in a 40b. I think that two #2s (with something stronger in the background) would be ideal for wave motion in a 40b SPS tank.

When I break down and buy a Seio controller Ill be sure to post my results.

Back