Koralia pump question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aquarookie

Pure Poison :)
Hi all,

I wanted to add a little gentle flow to my tank, so I bought a Hydor Koralia 1 (kinda like a poor man's tunze :))

It does provide the flow I wanted, and the energy consumption is low, but the bugger makes more noise than all of my pumps combined. Other people who have had Koralia pumps said they are silent. Does mine need to be "broken in" or is there something wrong with it and I should take it back?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Julia,

I have all Koralias in my system, and they are all perfectly silent. However, I don't have the model you have. I have a two K3s in my main and the a nano in my fuge. I have seen buyers comments online where people are not completly satisified the K1 and K2, but I don't remember exactly why. I'm happy though... Can you take it back?

Well, I guess everyone's pump is silent but mine. Lucky me, I'm special! :D

I'll take it back to them this week, I hope they will cooperate :)

k2

I have a k2 power head and mine is quite as well have you tryed taking it apart and putting back together just incase it may not be attached how it should be.mark:)

Well, I wanted to take it apart but I was afraid that the store wouldn't take it back if I had. Maybe I should call them and ask...

k2

Well we have to clean it before we put it into our tanks anyways so to give it a good clean we have to take it apart plus it is surpose to come apart for cleaning any way.mark

While I don't have a model 1, both my #4's and my #2 are virtually silent. There was a motor manufacturing defect on the #2's when they first came out, and some of them were extremely loud. I had to get mine replaced.

Take it back and try another one, I say.

Mine was silent, but I cleaned it once and didn't get the shaft completely seated in the tip of the pump. It bent and was to the right of the tip and it was super loud. I would check and make sure the impeller shaft is seated in both ends securely.
-chris

Back