Koralia pumps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fatboyt123

well i know i am going to get some but i dont know which ones i should get.

I am going to go with 2 K3's and 2 K4's but i want to know is should i spend the each $15 and go ahead and get the controllable ones?

I am not going to be spending the $480 one the wavemaker any time soon but would like to know that when i get the money i can use them.

anybody had problems with them on the wavemaker i know i have heard of them making noise during start up but what poerhead doesnt

I'm not sure if the controllable Koralias will even work without the controller. If they will work without the controller, and you know that you'll eventually get the controller, I'd go ahead and get those units. From my experience, the Koralias won't work on other wavemakers very well. I've tried them on a couple and, while they do work, they don't work well and I think they'd wear out quickly.

They WON'T work without the controller, the connection is to the controller then to the wall socket.

Look below.
lg-34666-45944-fish-supply2.jpg

Last edited:
that what i though when i saw the picture just wanted to make sure

guess im going to have to go with the regular ones then

I thought this would be a good place to ask my question..

Has anyone used the controllable Koralias? I am thinking about buy one or two of the 4way controllers and 4 or 8 of the controllable pumps (ranging from Koralia 4- Koralia 8) for my 300 gallon tank.

Thanks Erik

i didnt know the mags where controllable.I still cant belive that the k4 at 1200gph uses 12watts and the mag 7 at 2800GPH uses the same power Consumption and i here that the impellar shaft was made longer to fill up the gap so no more noise at start up. I would almost want to buy 2 k'5 come to think of it.

Last edited:
okay new question since am not getting the controllable ones.Do you guy think i should stick with the 2 k3's and the 2 k4's or should i go with 2 KM5's

2 k3's and 2 k4's this will give me 4000gph at 44watts $170 with shipping.This will give more flow possibilities but using way more watts

or next possibilitie is

2 KM5 this will give me 3700gph but at only 16watts.$228 i think with %5 discount

If you check out Marine Depot, They have the 5-8 that are controllable also.

Thanks Erik

would you still be able to use the mag 8 seeing that it uses 19watts even though that is alwsome for how much flow that thing put out but the controller says it can only handle 12w for each plug?Or do you think it would be okay with just the extra 7w.Or do they have a different wavemaker for the mags? would make sence seeing how much more flow those puppies are pushing out.

well just bought them.I knew where i was going to get them from but didnt know which ones to get.I got 2 k3's and 2 k4's non controllable for $161 and somethig since.Got them from pet moutain they have 10% of your whole order untill tomorrow and free shipping with anything over $150.I am glad i waited yesturday it was 5% off. Maybe i should cancel my order and wait to see what happens on friday.

so i could have got the other one.How much would one of those cost and would i need one for each one

they already are.I still cant belive how quite they are.I have to look at the impellar when i go down there to see if they are still running

I just had a Koralia 4 SHOCK me. It actually hurt pretty bad, the worse I've been shocked before. I was cleaning it in the sink because it got a gunky and wouldn't spin anymore and when I plugged it in to see if it worked it shocked me. So now I have to send it to Hydor USA to get a replacement.

Back