kpiotrowski's 300DD

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What did you use on the corners below the chair rail??

And isnt the chair rail trim upside down??

Its a nice deep color on the bottom part of the wall.

What did you use on the corners below the chair rail??

And isnt the chair rail trim upside down??

Its a nice deep color on the bottom part of the wall.

I used what the wife wanted....the way she wanted it done. so no, its all RIGHT if you know what I mean! lol ( didn't want the wide part up collecting dust)

there were 2 objectives ( as you know) with the corners. Protect them from the wheel chair and make them look good. only time will tell but I hope I struck a good combo.

well, I have been having issues uploading pics the last week but I can't wait to say, the house has been braced under the tank. the sump and frag stand have been painted and trimmed. tons of gluing has been done and I should be able to run the closed loop part by the weekend. then comes the sumps and rest of the gargage build while the tank is soaking some of that coraline off so I can polish it.

itsa comming!

Its about time.. I just don't understand how guy like you, peppie and TJL can take so damned long setting up a tank. I thought tanks this size were supposed to be done in a week

Its about time.. I just don't understand how guy like you, peppie and TJL can take so damned long setting up a tank. I thought tanks this size were supposed to be done in a week

very welcomed humor! I honestly thought I would be up and running by now though. lucky to transfer coral by summers end. funny thing is there is not that many surprizes to offer. its a unique gravity fed sump and proccessing system given it will take a whole garage wall and utilize as much gravity as possible for frag tank flow, fuge, and even running through 4x18 watt UV's with the hopes that ALL water will run through those uv's via gravity at a rate of aprox 350-400gph each before it is returned to the display, which should be close to optimal...and I have a pretty neet little way that the 10 various water filled lines running through the wall into the garage will be secured at that wall thanks to peppie's brain. oh, and all noise makers including CL pump are in the garage as well. ( except for water alarms...those are in the house lol)

Things are looking good. Like you said what makes the wife happy is "the RIGHT " way. If the wifes happy the whole house is happy.

here is the basic concept of how the floor was braced from under the house. in my case the tank sits between tow load bearing beams about 8 foot apart, so this one was installed between the two of those bacically directly under the middle of the tank lengthwise.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so the hole is plugged. all those unions will allow me to disconect the DT from the sump and closed loop in the event I must replace the furnace.

the top 3 are drains.

the next 2 are return lines

the next 4 are for the ocean motions

the bottom 2 inch is the cl supply line.

A view of the CL plumbing. My goal was to have zero sharp angles for improved flow and also left the flex pipe long enough so that it hangs plumb with the bulkheads rather than any pressure to one side which may lead to slow leaks/salt creep. The alternative would be to make some kind of a brace or hanger for each, but since nothing else is going under the stand I have the luxury of keeping it simple.

The rear center bulkhead/valve is incase i wish to add an additional closed loop to spray behing the rockwork.

The 2 inch hard pipe is part of the cl supply. note there is dual 1.5 inch that T's into the 2 inch.

so the hole is plugged. all those unions will allow me to disconect the DT from the sump and closed loop in the event I must replace the furnace.

the top 3 are drains.

the next 2 are return lines

the next 4 are for the ocean motions

the bottom 2 inch is the cl supply line.

Looks like something ("Rosie) "from the Jetson's." would hook up to at night to get regenerated, and cleaned out.

Back