kpiotrowski's 300DD

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yeah, Iv'e got a about 12x16x3 "island" rock that may make its way into that spot. ( was original plan). also have a 5 inch roundish x18tall spire that may find its way in there someday.

Got the Reef Octopus SRO5000 hooked up and a large carbon reactor.

I had to tap the holes in the top of the carbon reactor to install it as such. had some nice black spacers but in the end need another 1/8 thick of spacer for the bolts I bought to tighten down all the way. I'm at that point in this build where I don't care what it looks like as long as it works, so some 1/2 pvc end caps with holes drilled in them did the trick.

next I will pull the neptune apex, dosing pumps,ato,etc,etc off the 120g and intall them on this system.

One isnt enough? Yes Two Skimmers.
I want to know what the pvc fittings are doing velcroed to the shelf bracket?

I like the 1/2'' pvc plugs for washers/spacers. Spinner would like to see them in blue, please

I like it, two is always better than one and I want a change ........O.........Machine so I can change my brother back from a puppy:) Looking good hang on you are almost there and the fun begins!!! :clap2:

One isnt enough? Yes Two Skimmers.
I want to know what the pvc fittings are doing velcroed to the shelf bracket?

I like the 1/2'' pvc plugs for washers/spacers. Spinner would like to see them in blue, please

the fitting velcroed to the bracket are the plugs I would need in the event a leak at my chiller pump supply and chiller return sections. saved $ not using valves.....that I will prob never use, right! they are stuck there cuz you KNOW you would never find them when you need the most! lol!

I like it, two is always better than one and I want a change ........O.........Machine so I can change my brother back from a puppy:) Looking good hang on you are almost there and the fun begins!!! :clap2:

havn't seen much on your build lately. did you start a new thread?

thanks, and the "fun" is almost over. time to think of a new build soon lol

havn't seen much on your build lately. did you start a new thread?

thanks, and the "fun" is almost over. time to think of a new build soon lol
No just been busy with other things jobs, family, side jobs ..lol We just had a group buy and I was able to pick up two Maristar 2 48" dual 250 watt double end with four T5 and 12 moons for $ 75.00 each NIB that was kind of cool! Wish I was closer to help you I know how it is to spend so much time and effort on something and all anybody wants is you to hurry up and show a video/ :whoo:

No just been busy with other things jobs, family, side jobs ..lol We just had a group buy and I was able to pick up two Maristar 2 48" dual 250 watt double end with four T5 and 12 moons for $ 75.00 each NIB that was kind of cool! Wish I was closer to help you I know how it is to spend so much time and effort on something and all anybody wants is you to hurry up and show a video/ :whoo:

WOW what a deal on the fixtures! tried and true MH and t-5's. me and my 216 3w cree's are almost jealous...and for that price I would will take 6 please!!!!

They didn't come with bulbs or MH ballast but they are really nice. I would enjoy you taking the time and tell us your thoughts with your new build. And what have you learned that you really enjoyed. Just share thoughts:) I enjoyed your video!

I would enjoy you taking the time and tell us your thoughts with your new build. And what have you learned that you really enjoyed. Just share thoughts:) I enjoyed your video!

WOW! Where does one begin?

Good friends are invaluable...and good freinds are hard to find. Keep them close and value THEM!

Big builds take a load of money. I am fortunate that I come across many high quality, lightly used items at decent prices.

Nothing beats the high of seeing your concepts of the way something needs to work...actually work and work well. Plumbing my tank to the garage and working with used sumps and equiptment was more of a challenge than most will appreciate, and it is all working and flowing well. I am very happy that at this point everthing was so overly though-out that I have no hindsight and hence no regrets. So my advice is go ahead and beat it to death in your head untill you arrive at what you are happy with....but when its all said and done, sometimes you have to just call it "go time" and start hooking stuff up! lol.

ask 100 people their opinion and get 110 different answers? Always listen to other's opinions! But always ask why and demand proof.

Be tolerant of those who ask " when gonna put fish in that thing"........you may need to borrow money from them to buy the fish!

Never skimp on bulkheads or valves!:rain:

I am totaly extatic that I have been able to develop a system of this magnitude. I fully realize there are many with much much more comprehensive systems. This is my first big build. and short of winning the lotto there will be none bigger in the future. and thats kind of depressing. However, I do have some aquaponic's plans and also plan to build a custom insertfor a 200g tank with bottomless type look acheived by using and under tank shadow box. basically there will be area's under the tank glass that are exposed to a lite shadow box, giving the impresion that the tank depth actually goes down below the stand and under the custom insert which will be mid-tank above the the bottom glass. big plans! but you gotta dream.

Dude I will totally buy a fish for u!
Deff a milestone to b proud of imo.
Big tank or pico tank. Lots to learn.
D

Back from vaction and transfered the apex contoller today. old tank is running on power strips and timers. think I'm adding fish tomorrow! Lots of work to do still though!

Back