L.E., Tyree, true, fake and what not :p

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tyree tends to make great deals in person. He'll bring lots of frags with him, intending to sell. In standard retail fashion, what doesn't sell, goes back home. I'm sure (and I'd be the same) he'd rather sell them at a discount than trek them back home. Less stress on the coral, and lighter packing for him. :)

Dang, which did you get?

Tyree tends to make great deals in person. He'll bring lots of frags with him, intending to sell. In standard retail fashion, what doesn't sell, goes back home. I'm sure (and I'd be the same) he'd rather sell them at a discount than trek them back home. Less stress on the coral, and lighter packing for him. :)

Dang, which did you get?

fire engine(same piece that show on the auction web)
japanic
Ocillela
atlantic
pink lemenade accro
Becker tort and other two i won raffle forgot the name.

you're right, he do not want to take any back home with him,,sold them all at the good discount to every body .what a nice guy:)

Last edited:
Then how come the good deals dont get passed to others. Lots of them tag his name to it and get $60 a 1/4 inch and paid nothing close to that. You think that would piss him off. JMO Best of luck to all

Don't think that was his Q. Why are PEOPLE over charging/Ripping people off. That is what it is isn't it. As far as getting a good deal from him that is true but after that, thats were you get scamed on.

I know people have a choice to pay or not. That could be why to person above 40dal is rich LOL.

Last edited:
fire engine(same piece that show on the auction web)
japanic
Ocillela
atlantic
pink lemenade accro
Becker tort and other two i won raffle forgot the name.

you're right, he do not want to take any back home with him,,sold them all at the good discount to every body .what a nice guy

geese !! now i'm jelouse !! :D .
now where are you gonna put them because last time i remember your tank looked beautifully packed :D :lol: .

Sounds like Tyree was the big cheese at this event?
Maybe he will post here

hmmm cheese ... me likes cheese :D ... what type just cheddar or monterrey :D :lol:

I've been to Tyree's shop a few times. He has seperate tanks for wild coloneys then all captive grown pieces. If you have a coloney of a LE that he is selling he will trade you alot of pieces for your coloney(keep up on his waiting list). Funny thing is alot of his pieces can be bought for less from others, but people still wait for his name / stamp of approval on the coral. It's the status of I received this coral from Tyree himself.

I've been to Tyree's shop a few times. He has seperate tanks for wild coloneys then all captive grown pieces. If you have a coloney of a LE that he is selling he will trade you alot of pieces for your coloney(keep up on his waiting list). Funny thing is alot of his pieces can be bought for less from others, but people still wait for his name / stamp of approval on the coral. It's the status of I received this coral from Tyree himself.

Rolls eyes, pukes on floor.

Steve has done a brilliant job of over inflating the value of marine ornamentals.:(

Matt @ reefready.net is a real Gent! and a coral farmer, I have several LE Frags that came from him, Underpromised and over delivered..... All the Corals are Eye Candy!

Back onto the subject of naming corals! I like THe Mike Monty! lol

Last edited:
I just renamed my ordinary brown button palythoa type polyps "Kate Breimayer Cocoa Medallion Supreme Excellence" and the ones with green in the middle those are "Electrokate! Radiation! Superstar! Doubleplusgood!" Oh and can I name aiptasia and manjano too cause they don't have a special polyp name yet-"tulip" and "glass" are boring names and I think maybe I have slightly unique and rare strains of tulip and glass anemones. Possibly LE, at least I hope so after the Joe's Juice application. And what do you call those little delicate pink anemones with white bubblish tips that are no bigger than a marble and hang out under rocks killing things much larger than they can eat?
I found this topic while searching for something completely unrelated and now I can neither recall what I was searching for nor why exactly I felt I had to post a reply. Must remember to go to bed at decent hour in the future.
Kate

do ya have an extra frag of "Kate Breimayer Cocoa Medallion Supreme Excellence". can i be on your waiting list please? going rate on these were i think 50$ a polyp. lmk

Wellllll.... I can add you to the list but there are some people ahead of you who are really important at least they feel they are since they are on the list so I guess that would be... 3 years? Price did go up slightly though to 72.99 a polyp. It's worth it though, because if you frag them you can probably get a buck or two cred at an LFS!

Still don't have a name for the stinging pink anemones of doom. Now where's that thesaurus website....

I am not meaning to dis Tyree, I love eye candy too and he is good, very very good at getting the best stuff out of circulation so it doesn't get killed in transit to an LFS that likely will RTN it in 3 days or less. Also does cluster the best stuff together which saves on shipping-there are always plenty of things on his list I would buy if I was not poor. And eventually those corals do end up not being LE anymore so I can afford them, by which point they are well acclimated and selected for captivity which makes them FAR more valuable than wild coral IMO. Being po i have to think about the liklihood that I am throwing my money away buying lost causes. :)

Name obsessed consumers/hoarders with too much money kinda bug me though, and zoanthids, can't they name them something that at least somewhat indicates what they look like, and if they change color in someone else's aquarium can we not assign a totally new name? Please? I have some that depending on the light over the last few years I coulda sold them under 6 different names.
In Hawaii saw zoas in a tidepool that were metallic apple green one day and then next day dull grey. Same polyps, same pool, cloudy day. Ditto the blue ones-cobalt one day, grey the next. I may be crazy and blind but I can see color and I swear they were totally different and would have different names were they on ebay. Also the pool was about bath water temps and had garbage, freshwater and tanning lotion slicks in it so I guess zoas are pretty hardy.
Kate

I want one too.
jumpy.gif

Back