L.E., Tyree, true, fake and what not :p

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

When I first got into this hobby I was like dang those are expensive and who the heck is Tyree? But now I really like the Tyree corals. I know some of the naming of corals has gotten way out of control but I have to give Tyree a lot of credit. His corals are a little pricey but very worth it. You know you are getting a great looking coral that will stay alive in captivity, hold its color, grow, and hold its value very well. I really believe you get what you pay for...however there are always some exceptions. That is what keeps the hobby so interesting.

My antagonist view is that money means more than beauty to most hobbyists, so they never let the corals grow out. I guess I can understand that, because it's a lot of money. However, I gain a great deal of pleasure, and receive many compliments over the fact that my tank is filled with large corals, and not a frag yard. But that's a whole different discussion. :D

HERE HERE!! I am most impressed with a tank of large colonies FAR more than a tank full of frags. It takes a lot of time and dedication to keep corals healthy and growing.

Back