Large Angels

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have a large emperor angel in my 300gal sps tank. I bought him as a juvenile and he will nip at lps, zoas, crocea clams, maxima clams, gigas clams, carpet anemones and gorgonias. I have attempted all of those. He wouldn't leave my acan alone, killed a coral beauty when he was still a juvenille and ate a flower pot coral. He also eats any aptasia he can reach.

He leaves my sps, squamosa clam and derasa clam alone. I actually think he prefers blue clams. Won't eat noxious soft corals, leathers, green star polyps etc. I had a favia in the tank and he didn't touch it. I also put a meteor shower (not sure of actual species name) in the tank and he didn't touch it. He leaves my bubble tip anemone alone.

I just recently setup another tank to be able to keep acans and zoas. I love our fish. He is all of our favorite fish. My husband hand feeds him and he swims right up to our face when we look into the tank. When I try taking pictures, it actually becomes annoying because he's always in the way. Great personality and also territorial. He is the king of our tank with our desjardin sailfin being second in command.

Beautiful fish Brandy!

I've kept CB, Flame and Imp angels with corals and no problem, but I wouldn't trust an Imp with any sort of clam.

Thanks. He is the fish that gets most the comments when people come over and see our aquarium.

Back