leaky tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ollie51

i just found a small leak in my tank its a small dribble right now i have a spare tank i can switch to but need a little time to get it set up i have apair of maroon & gold clowns and lta pistol shrimp and goby & assorted soft coral anyone know a tempory bandaid to buy a little time?

aquarium silicon will hold the water in for a lil bit... try to drain it below the leak if possible that way the water isnt dripping out and ruining the silcon seal..

leak is 2/3 of the way down i tryed some two part epoxy just now may have slowed it down a little

Don't count that as a permanent fix though, only use it to get you by. I did the same thing on a 75gal freshwater tank I had once.

my biggest worry is that the seal is compromised, and with a weakend section could give away to that whole seal. My advise would be to take that tank out soon. grab some rubbermaid containers and throw your live stock in. or get a new tank asap. you can try to tie something around the tank to help from the water pressure on the seal.

Back