LED Light question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

markang

Question about a LED light my gf just got.

It's mainly white light.. but in the middle there are 6 'blue' colored lights. well 6 spots that aren't 'white', because only the 3 on the right side lights up.. the 3 on the left doesn't light up at all (in any color).

Is this the light being broken? or done on purpose?

is this fixture DIY or what I'd call store bought? There are two things that come to mind here you could have emitter cross wired or a bad conection going to the driver

is this fixture DIY or what I'd call store bought? There are two things that come to mind here you could have emitter cross wired or a bad conection going to the driver

I'm not too sure. looks store bought but i really don't know. Where would this kinda stuff get fixed? a fish store or more an electrical shop?

hi if you can take an end off one side of the light you may be able to remove the heat sink with the LED,S on it
you can test across the wires pos to neg with a volt meter, ther should be anywhere from.5 to one volt. if not could be a dead LED, check voltage acroos a good LED
note most drivers put out 10v.divide that by the # of LED on that string, that should give you the correct voltage drop you should have, test voltage from pos wire and neg at the ends of the light string for that voltage
How many leds do you have . most drivers can only handle 12 LED.S
go to cree LED,S to identify and replace as needed, some use aglue that transfers heat, thats the enemy
cheers
searescue

Back