LED light set up

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mrlang1981

has anyone had any experience with LEDS? i am thinking about setting up LEDs for my 29g biocube but don't know if corals will make it. thanks!

i have seen tanks do very well with leds but i personally have not made that jump yet. good luck on your descision

I am also wondering about this topic as I am looking for the place to get the led's to build my own setup for my 55g.

From the research I did in the last couple of days..Some say they tested growth for two years prior to the release of the product..The problem is as a human we think intense as being hot super blinding ahh a.k.a. the sun light..But the perams of the l.e.d.'s are superb..For one u can control a real cycle of the moon and day to next day light cycle..It will change coral growth and breeding for ever..wjen they are no longer in the Bill gates price range!!!

true...aye i would like to try out the leds i dont thin a diy with out the right stuff would be as good as a purchesed one but untill they drop from 2000usd i aint getting one

true...aye i would like to try out the leds i dont thin a diy with out the right stuff would be as good as a purchesed one but untill they drop from 2000usd i aint getting one

Oh I totally agree that is why I am looking for all the right parts to do it just like the pro's, I mean there isnt really that much to setting up a standard set of led's. so doing a set for a fish tank I think would only need the right bulbs. but then again I am no expert. ya and the price for them is insane but most are that price do to the lcd screens and the moon cycles that you can program into them.

Back