led lighting questions help #$#$

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

saltytaste

hi there i was just wondering if anyone new where to get small led light set ups nano led lights dont know to much about them just starting to learn about them i here the best ones have the 1 watt or 3 watt bulbs is that right thanks for any info ... if anyone wants to double up on supplies wouldnt mind doing a diy project with a partner

Hi Salty,

First let me ask you what size nano you're trying to light, as well as what you're planning to keep in it? whether it be sps or lps/soft/zoa

In my opinion, there are two general ways you could go about with your LED project.

1) You could go with the pre-fab route and purchase a par38 bulb and BAM, you have a great light for your nano but this only efficient if you have a smallish nano with a footprint of less than 12x12x12, but if you have something much bigger, multiple bulbs would be needed and you'd probably be best off building your own fixture and somehow encompassing it into a fixture or a canopy.

2) You could also build your own LED setup, including buying 3w LEDs and rigging them up yourself! A great place to strictly buy LED's is definitely stevesled.com but his website doesnt give any info as to designing, wiring, or anything else. But building yourself a LED array isnt hard to do at all. You just need LED's, a powersupply and general knowledge of electrical components.

Hope that helps a little bit, ask away if you got any questions.

its a jbj 24 i have the stock hood with the pc and i have a 150 sunpod but ive seen the led with zoas and lps just glowing up a storm especially with more blue bulbs than white

oh, well if you're planning to keep that sunpod and use it in addition to the LED's then the par38 wouldnt be your best option. Have you considered modding your fixture to accompanying maybe 6 blue LED's?

i kinda been thinkin about sellin it and just getting a led fixture if i could ever really find one lol but ya if i dont find any thing ill run the sunpod and mount on a blue led strip

Back