LED options.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thrawn

Hey guys, i just wantsd some opinions on what kind of LEDs for my tank. It's a 10 gallon. Thinking I'll probably do mainly zoas but might branch out to some other stuff. I was at OBD earlier today and took a look at the Kessil 150 ocean blue. I liked it but i wish i could control the color on it like the 350s so i just waned to see if anybody else had some suggestions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'll probably get blasted but I have a marineland reef on my 10 ,looks good,not really pricey and I have a lps growing from a piece of rubble. I'm not sure what it is yet, but its growing has about 4 new heads starting

I definitely like the price on that bulb. Does anybody have any experience running it? I would like to see pictures of it in action. Also, anybody have experience with aquaticlife's LED fixtures? I was in barrier reef and that's what they suggested. Little more expensive than the Kessil, but from my understanding, it had a lot more bells and whistles.
led.jpg

For that PAR bulb you can just contact them, they have excellent customer service and will get back to you promptly via email. If you are looking into fixtures they have those there, also Oceans By Design ive heard has some great fixtures too. You will get many more led's through Rapid or OBD for the money. Onyx by Rapid LED - Rapid LED or Oceans by Design| Your one stop shop for custom glass aquariums| Oceans by Design. Either of these would be better for expansion purposes later on as well.

The first question I will ask is would you ever Upgrade from a 10 gallon Tank? If there is even the slightest chance that you would, Buy a Fixture that will work for you now AND on a Potential Upgrade.

If I were to upgrade, it would be a long ways down the road. I can't have anything bigger than a 10 where i live right now and I'm in the middle of a 90 gallon build for when i get a better place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back