Lee and all what type of trigger is this???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

myerst22

Hello all. Well I have been looking to add one last fish to my display and want it to be a great one. I toyed with getting a Interruptus angel but thanks to fellow RC members I decided against it because of temperature needs among otherthings. I then set my sights on a Wrought Iron Butterfly, but the temperature issue came up again. So then onto a Conspiculatus. One of my all time dream fish, but I think my big 8" Black Tang is going kill the Conspic if I add him. So then I always wanted a male or pair of crosshatches. Problem is you can only get 7+" male crosshatches for the most part. I wanted something in the 5" range. So after scouring sources for fish I came across this beauty and I think I found my fish. It is a Crosshatch hybrid. Not sure what it's crossed with but it's either crossed with a sargassum or blue throat. What do you guys think? The fish is the right size and it is absolutely beautiful. What do you guys think of this fish? Thanks, Tim
hybridxhatch.jpg

hybridxhatch1.jpg

hybridxhatch2.jpg

looks like a bluethroat trigger...(submale)....I could be wrong though....aloha Les @ WPH

It does seem to be a variant of Xanthichthys auromarginatus.

Back