Lego Sub Nano - Then and Now!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fall0n

Seems that my original post is no longer avail ( http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f204/dive-dive-dive-new-nano-tank-started-64152/ ) :( Maybe a mod can help fix that so those interested can see the original starting pics.

On with what's important:

Before originally posted around Apr 16, 2012:
20120929_084440.jpg

Now:
20131102_150900_zpsdb5ea6b7.jpg

20131119_192757_zps8a85e2ea.jpg

20131102_150909_zps56d0d2d8.jpg

The pipefish seems to like to hide in the neon green coral, mush simulate green sea grass for it :)

20131117_091931_zps463e31e1.jpg

Haha this is so funny. I've seen the sponge Bob figures in a reef but never legos.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Haha this is so funny. I've seen the sponge Bob figures in a reef but never legos.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I actually have zoas, coraline algae, feather dusters etc all growing on the actual lego's now. Starting to look like it's a part of the scene. Also many of the inhabitants like to go in the nose of the sub with is hollow all the way to the tail end. Makes for a good cave.

Fallon
Thanks so much for the update.
I was wondering just the other day about your sub, and how it was be engulfed by corals, algae, coraline.....

Your novel idea is turning out to be very impressive.
Great job.

Is the next one going to have a B-52 ???

Ha there's a thought, frag zoa by taking apart Lego pieces :)

heh, that actually sounds line an interesting idea. If I could get a nice 30-50 gallon tall cube tank - Like the one returned and for sale at OBD, I'd like to do a full underwater fortress, and adhere/build them into live rock. Something like these:

[
legounderwater1_zps3a9cbe2a.jpeg

legounderwater2_zps8805c8bb.jpg

or
legounderwater3_zps0f2cce4f.jpg

As inspiration from
sealab2021_zps611b96e6.jpg

Attachments

• lego underwater1.jpg
    lego underwater1.jpg
    33.1 KB
Looks good. I wasn't fond of the idea when you set it up but it has turned out to be pretty darned cool.

Pretty cool! What about using nothing but legos, including using legos for liverock.

This anemone (wall or flower, i dunno anymore) started off the size of just under a quarter last year... now the size of an orange or grapefruit in diameter.

20131120_195557_zps096ba09e.jpg

Thanks a ton! Actually not very often. Just some standard glass cleaning and water change about once a month. Pretty low maintenance. Though now, I do need to prune back some of the corals/palys/zoas so it's not a crowded.

I love the tank. very creative idea I may have to borrow that one from ya some day. I have a buddy who will love to see the pics he is crazy about Legos.

Very kool. Lookin great. Is ur rock nem in the back? Dang nems
Can't wait for bm!!!!

Wth was the name of that show... Q? Or something. Gosh that was awhile ago

Back