let it flow, let it flow, let it flow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

akaatomic

I just built a Maxi-jet mod tonight. Yeah...I'm a stud. I'm itching to throw it in the tank, but I'll give it a day for the glue to fully set. It's a 1200 modified to push 2400gph. 2400!!! That's like Catagory 4 flow. My fish are going to be so pissed off. Actually, that or I'll be so pissed off when it doesn't actually do that much. haha. Anyway, my zoa's are going down hill and I don't know why. I've got lights coming in the beginning of Feb. I guess I'll see how the stuff I have acclimates and go from there. When in doubt...add more flow...buy brighter lights...buy a bigger tank. That's my new mantra.

I hooked up the mod. Good god man! Nothing is safe. I have rubble blowing around. haha. Not really, but it's an incredible amount of water movement. I'm buying another one. I don't need it at all, but now I'm addicted. Next comes lights!

come on man lets see some pics of things being blown around.

I got the mods from mjmods.com. Not bad to build. I'd say a three on a scale from one to five. I took a pic that basically just looks like dust floating around. It was too tough to tell with the image so small. I guess it will take a few days for the dust to settle in the sump.

You are right about the 1200 flow! I had to put it aside for the 210 and built the 900 with the small prop for the 75

Will have to race Steve's Tunze for pinks

I have two of these mods in my 120 . They do put out a lot ! puttied them to to a pair of old mag magnets. so I can easily move them around. I recommend MJ Mods (http://www.mjmods.com) everything fit perfect and was easy to modify.
chuck

a video of assembling this and seeing it work can be found on:
http://www.reefvideos.com/

Last edited:
You are right about the 1200 flow! I had to put it aside for the 210 and built the 900 with the small prop for the 75

Will have to race Steve's Tunze for pinks

TUNZES RULE..............

Back