Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brandyrb

So how many inches of snow do you have at your house and is school/work cancelled for you?

I measured 22" on our roof and 18" in our yard. My work, my husbands work and our kids school all got cancelled today. It's days like these that I'm thankful we don't live on the south hill!

Uggghhh, no kidding!! We've got at least 20" in our yard, maybe closer to 22". I'll get out there and measure it again soon. I spent 2 hours, last night, helping the city police with traffic on the Maple hill. A Semi was stuck half way up, blocking the right hand lane. It was NUTS. Monroe st hill was closed on the other side of us too. Previous record for 24 hours of snowfall was 12.4". I think we beat it...lol.

BTW, dude, where's my car??
3117987791_c3270657a8.jpg

3118814702_69211ec51b.jpg

We got so exhausted from shoveling that we took a nap... The kids are loving it. It finally stopped snowing here.

Since I wasn't able to go to work today, I thought I'd take some pictures of the girls playing. It's STILL snowing and we're well over 22 inches of snow on the porch so far. I thought I left Alaska for pete sake.

Weeee! I love playing in the snow!
normal_dogs10.jpg

You can't catch meeeee!

normal_dogs13.jpg

Whoa, breaking trail!

normal_dogs25.jpg

This is gonna hurt!
normal_dogs4.jpg

WOOHOOOOO!
normal_dogs29.jpg

Maybe I was a great dane in a past life?
normal_dogs9.jpg

Thanks for the snow party Momma!
normal_dogsbest.jpg

And to give you an idea just how much snow it really is....
normal_6%7E0.jpg

The sad part is that there's probably another 3 inches on those poor snowmen since I took that picture! They look neat with the lights on though ;).

Barbie

Well to me they look normal, but I know they look huge to people that don't live with them, hehe. I see dogs that used to look large and they seem to have been washed in hot water or something! Cali weighs 135 pounds and her father weighed 230, to give you an idea ;)!

Barbie

We had 31 inches of snow at 10 am in post falls! Its still snowing! My mini dashhound is way too little for the amount of snow we have. We have to shovel paths for her. Even my austrailian shepherd is having trouble with the deep snow.

Well to me they look normal, but I know they look huge to people that don't live with them, hehe. I see dogs that used to look large and they seem to have been washed in hot water or something! Cali weighs 135 pounds and her father weighed 230, to give you an idea ;)!

Barbie

OMG!!! not 1 but 2 English Mastiffs :eek:, do you own your own petstore or what ??? how do you feed them?:lol: i think i'd go broke if i had to feed 2 mastiffs :D:lol:....how many bags of food do you go through girl ? :)...they're very beautiful :)

My old rottenweiler used to eat 3 cups of food a day, Cali and Sasha only eat 4. I feed them Canidae and a bag of food lasts them weeks, honestly. They aren't exactly high energy.

Well, unless momma goes out in the snow at night and runs the red dot up and down the yard. I wish I could get pictures of that. I think it's probably one of the funniest ideas I ever had! The snow slows them down enough I'm not afraid of the collisions chasing it and boy were they having a blast!

Oh, and the deal for letting daddy keep Sasha (we were her foster home, yeah right!) was that I got to get another puppy. I'm not sure I'm up to it, but the option is still open :lol:!

Barbie

My old rottenweiler used to eat 3 cups of food a day, Cali and Sasha only eat 4. I feed them Canidae and a bag of food lasts them weeks, honestly. They aren't exactly high energy.

Well, unless momma goes out in the snow at night and runs the red dot up and down the yard. I wish I could get pictures of that. I think it's probably one of the funniest ideas I ever had! The snow slows them down enough I'm not afraid of the collisions chasing it and boy were they having a blast!

Oh, and the deal for letting daddy keep Sasha (we were her foster home, yeah right!) was that I got to get another puppy. I'm not sure I'm up to it, but the option is still open !

that's not bad at all, i always thought that big breeds would eat way way more... iwas thinking more in the 40 lb bag in 2 days or something like that. :p.

They are absolutely adorable as puppies. Here's Cali two years ago, laying under my coffee table!

normal_122706b.jpg

Look at the size of those paws, hehe.

Barbie

Back