Let's See Some Nano's

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

young_skywalker

I'm just curious to see what all of you have done with your nano's...so here is an opportunity to show them off if you'd like.

heres mine some older pictures and all havent taken new ones yet
IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

rip my little scooter
IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

Last edited:
I cheated and tied my 2.5 gallon nano (pico?) into my 200 gallon system. I bought a small, plastic tank from Petco for under $10. I found a bulkhead fitting with a hose barb for 1/2" tube from Pacific Marine Exchange for $1 each. I cut the right sized hole in the pastic tank using a jacknife and made the correct ID using a dremel and installed the bulkhead fitting at overflow level. Then I hooked up what I call my umbilical cord, which is a tube inside a tube. My inlet water is supplied by a small 3/16" tube like used for my RO water system which is ran inside my 1/2" drain line. I run the drainline through a 90 degree hose barb fitting and run the internal line out the end of the fitting. This makes it nice and simple having only 1 line running to/from the pico. For lighting right now I am using a 60 Watt compact Bright white (6500k i think). It is like a x-mas light bulb. I actually have part of the bulb submersed in the water for heat and more intense light (is this OK?). THe zoas seem to be doing well and algea gorwing well under it. I have a pompom crab and a camel shrimp in it right now, they seem happy.

Here is a pic of my PomPom in this nano:
pompom.jpg

And here is a picture of the nano itself (bad pic I know).
nano.jpg

And URL for more pics:
http://www.greenconversion.net/pico

Last edited:
im not 100% positive on this, but there is no way i would submerse a lightbulb in water... IMO thats just asking for trouble, but i could be wrong

im not 100% positive on this, but there is no way i would submerse a lightbulb in water... IMO thats just asking for trouble, but i could be wrong

I remember reading about this being done to grow phytoplankton somewhere. So far I have not had any issues and I am GFCI protected, but you are probably right. If it ever did break for any reason, no matter how unlikley, I would have mecury posioning of my entire system I suspect.

yeah thats how my RBTA looked when i first got it i wished it still looked liked that lol it was sorta one of a kind lol

Back