Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

WHOA!!! Nice pix. Mtndewman. I am just sitting here in awe of the whole thing. Wow holy diversity batman!!

These are a little different...

Normal Lighting...

Pics_2005_0325_083452AASmall.jpg

Actinic only...

Pics_2005_0325_083300AASmall.jpg

Last edited:
tike666 said:
Red PPE type zoos. I just have a small frag left that I am growing out.

I like these reds I have some in green. Nice growth and don't seem to be as slow growing at the actual PPEs.

finn - awesome zoos! I love the second pic you posted, very nice!

Hey finn, you wanna trade off a couple polyps of them for a couple polyps of acan lord?

Big T,
anything is possible :D I'll pm you

Angelscrx,
I just keep doing a search on ebay and they have been popping up lately.
I've won 3 auctions of them in the past couple of months.
2 of the auctions went very well, 1 did not.
I paid over $100 for a frag. When they came they were in a 1/2 cup of water and the heat pack was not wrapped in newspaper and it was laying on the bottom of the box with the ppe's in a small bag of water sitting on the heat pack.
The heat packs that I have seen say they may heat up to 150*. Most don't, but usually heat to around 100*. So wrap them in newspaper and tape them to the lid of the box, use enough water.
After I contacted the guy and told him the polyps were cooked, he offered a 25% refund on the product only and threatened to leave negative feedback if I did.
So, you take your chances on ebay.

finn said:
Big T,
anything is possible :D I'll pm you

Angelscrx,
I just keep doing a search on ebay and they have been popping up lately.
I've won 3 auctions of them in the past couple of months.
2 of the auctions went very well, 1 did not.
I paid over $100 for a frag. When they came they were in a 1/2 cup of water and the heat pack was not wrapped in newspaper and it was laying on the bottom of the box with the ppe's in a small bag of water sitting on the heat pack.
The heat packs that I have seen say they may heat up to 150*. Most don't, but usually heat to around 100*. So wrap them in newspaper and tape them to the lid of the box, use enough water.
After I contacted the guy and told him the polyps were cooked, he offered a 25% refund on the product only and threatened to leave negative feedback if I did.
So, you take your chances on ebay.

Wow sorry to hear that but it might be worth it to leave negative feedback for someone like that. $75 bucks for cooked polyps is not a good deal! :evil:

Back