Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i did not know the little stars eat zoas i have some but don't see them in my zoas should i get all small stars out ? maybe a sexy shrimp or one that eats them?

i did not know the little stars eat zoas i have some but don't see them in my zoas should i get all small stars out ? maybe a sexy shrimp or one that eats them?

some do and some don't, I don't know how to tell
if you get a sexy shrimp, then you need to always have somesort of starfish for them to feed on.

If you have them, I'd remove them manually.

after thinking about this, it's not the sexy shrimp that eat stars, it's Harlequin Shrimp that eat them.

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

Great photo Adam...binary fission at work I believe

Hey Adam, I like the shots of the zoa with the double mouths, nice shots there man!

This looks like an example of binary fission...a form of asexual reproduction. I have had a few zoas doin that as well...see attachment below...not a great shot but you get the idea.

I got this batch of zoas from your buddy and mine....Mr. Salty Bell back in the "good" ole days. Take er ez Adam!

Here are a couple we got from finn, not sure what they are. Any ideas? We know what the Lunars are.
The second pic are some from luisse.

Attachments

• 100_4318.jpg
    100_4318.jpg
    34.4 KB
Last edited:

All the frags I got from you are doing very well except the magicians. What kind of flow and light do they like? I moved them to med light and low flow and they finally opened part way.

I got new polyps on almost everything from the last frag pack. Still waiting on the purple hornet. It looks like it will drop a polyps soon :) How is that monster yuma doing? Has it dropped any more babies?

All the frags I got from you are doing very well except the magicians. What kind of flow and light do they like? I moved them to med light and low flow and they finally opened part way.

I got new polyps on almost everything from the last frag pack. Still waiting on the purple hornet. It looks like it will drop a polyps soon :) How is that monster yuma doing? Has it dropped any more babies?

yuma is doing very good:)it look like it will drop another baby as flesh underneath is stretching...:)and the baby is already nickel size:D

i have 2 vortech mp10's and i only have it 50% power...i have really low flow in my tank..i also have them at the bottom of tank:)

Back