Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i don't think it's genetic make up i think it's the conditions around them, hmm well maybe we should start a new thread for this skirt/flow discussion

I'll relent a little. If a zoanthid has the capacity to have a longer skirt, then maybe envirmental things could influnce the lenght. But I'm saying that the zoanthids that always have short skirts, aren't going to develope them.

I think I figured something out, but I'm not tellin. I finally took a decent pic for a change

acros009.jpg

I'll relent a little. If a zoanthid has the capacity to have a longer skirt, then maybe envirmental things could influnce the lenght. But I'm saying that the zoanthids that always have short skirts, aren't going to develope them.
I have zoa's on my frag tray with long skirts that are less than 1" away from zoa's with short skirts. Been there for months like that so genectics has to be the main factor. Enviroment being the "switch"

I am a rookie:), but I would guess that with low flow zoanthids are able to capture food even with short tentacles, but with high flow they need the longer tentacles to be able to catch their food as it passes by rather quickly. But then again, I don't know what I am talking about :)

It's the beginning of this zoo's reproductive cycle. Those are either eggs or brooded larvae (I know, I know) developing. We'll see. Or, I'll miss the release and we won't see....

Back