Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Not really.

ok, your obscurity hints at you don't want to go into it, but I read on zoaid just now that speckling can be caused by light intensity and how protopalyathoa's react in different lighting conditions. sweet :)

Last edited:
ok, your obscurity hints at you don't want to go into it, but I read on zoaid just now that speckling can be caused by light intensity and how protopalyathoa's react in different lighting conditions. sweet :)

Actually, I'm really pressed for time these days. Not trying to be rude, just trying to get a little bit of a answer to all of my inbox.
I named these Comet Dust PE's originally, but saw that someone had already made up a name for a similar pe morf, so I agreed to what the first person calls them. ( I don't care for it at all. But what's in a name?)
The light does cause alot of speckleing, especially in the pe's.

http://www.zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=371

My zoa's - I'm really trying hard to ID this first one because I need to frag and sell:
zook4.jpg

Clump that I just got from Barrier Reef - I love this one =D
zoobunch2.jpg

Some paly's that I got from Barrier Reef and *really* love too -
palyA4.jpg

palyA3.jpg

Interesting clump...don't know what it is :p -
zooA2.jpg

zooA1.jpg

And one more for now :) -
zooG3.jpg

Don't really know the ID's on these, so feel free to pm me (saves clutter on the thread) and let me know =D

TheJ-
I want those zoos back! I didn't realize they looked so good ;)
Hope they grow big for ya! Good start on a solid collection
Jerod

haha! you can have them back... once they are like 5x the size they are now :p

Man the sandbed looks like vegas with the actinics on, thanks again Jerod!!! Hey what was the name of the orange one in the middle of pic2 of the actinic shots? right next to the purpled hearted zoas? that thing is unreal!!

Those do look great. Kinda wish I had actinics on my tank now!
I don't know the name of those, did you check zoaid?
J

just poked through all the gallery pics and didn't find anything close. I'll keep looking, if I come across anything I'll update the thread, anyone else care to chime in on this one?

beemer.JPG

Woohoo love the variety!

Thanks. I was told by another reefer to separate them so they wont compete for space. what do you guys think. I kinda wanted them to grow out together. maybe I can frag a lil here and a lil there.

I personally like the big "combo rock" look but I would frag out a few frags of each color just so you have em if the colony goes south. Plus then you can start growing out frags for trades etc. Especially the bright blue ones. Hint hint
;)
J

I agree on the combo look. My 75G has one very large rock and I've glued my frags to it in different places, hoping for them to spread and eventually get that 'combo look'.

After Removing my Zoa Eating Blue Tang, my zoas are starting to come back.

Here are some updated pics.

zoa1.jpg

zoa2.jpg

zoa3.jpg

Back