Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

can any one tell me what the common (cool) names are??
all wild colonys from western australia

cheers morgan

Last edited:
these arent by my house there off shore 4 miles and up north with yellow skirts but you cant collect any live coral in australia with out having a licence. i operate off my boss licences and we get alot of nice zoas i think i got some that look likes tubs blues but they are all wild caught and only 15 bucks for about 8-9 zoas

i dont know if u saw but i started some other theards so help out and drop some more shots on there

Ok, im going to report you to the authorities! Your anemone is on steroids! Is that an anemone or an alien pretending to be one?

I was bored earlier today before football so I captured pics of my zoas. I apologize in advance for my bad camera skills. Enjoy!
Zoa Island
Zoaisland.jpg

Zoa Rock
Zoarock.jpg

Hitchhiker Zoas
hitchhikerzoas.jpg

AOG
fish013.jpg

Big Reds
Bigreds.jpg

Blue Hue Zoas
Bluehuezoa.jpg

Random Zoa frags I stuck on a rock
Randomzoas.jpg

Watermelons
Watermelons.jpg

Zoa Bridge
Zoabridge.jpg

reef18ster thats not them there are 2 types of those red galaxy i have seen collected at my shop 1 is a pay and the othere are zoas i have zoas and they wre this colour when collected only the new growth is orange i had always called them peach zoas i do have a colony of true red galaxys zoas, i have had the palys but lost them

i dopnt normally get stuff for free if i collect something rare like purple fluffy rhodactis i would want it but if i took stuff i would have room for any more corals which is hard enough as is (i do get discount and corals are not as expensive here) the most expensive corals are ricordeas
are these what u call tubs blues cause ther like 15bucks for a bit that size

still didnt get a name on these

and forgot to show u these palys

cheers

reef18ster thats not them there are 2 types of those red galaxy i have seen collected at my shop 1 is a pay and the othere are zoas i have zoas and they wre this colour when collected only the new growth is orange i had always called them peach zoas i do have a colony of true red galaxys zoas, i have had the palys but lost them

i dopnt normally get stuff for free if i collect something rare like purple fluffy rhodactis i would want it but if i took stuff i would have room for any more corals which is hard enough as is (i do get discount and corals are not as expensive here) the most expensive corals are ricordeas
are these what u call tubs blues cause ther like 15bucks for a bit that size

Those do look like the tubs blues to me. Blue body brown skirt but I did notice that the skirt on yours is shorter than the ones I have. You can compare your zoas and palys and get the name from zoaid.com. What you'll also notice is that there are multiple names for the same zoa/paly. IMO, the 2nd pic are black cherries and the 3rd are mint chocolates.

Back