Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So the size is different, then why on MY screen are both pics the same size?? on both posts??

I'm no expert, but I believe Photobucket resizes all uploaded images so they display universally on their website. When we link to post photos, we are using Photobucket's servers with the resized photos.... It's in their best interest to resize the larger images since a 100 20 meg files (like what a 10 MP SLR would take at full res) would fill up their servers in no time :)

So, unless the image is smaller than their default, all the larger ones will "appear" the same size once uploaded through their servers.

I use ImageShack.
I upload the photos to them in files of 150kb to a max of 350kb. Then when I want to post them on a forum, I use the largest option they have.
It works for me most of the time.

With photobucket, if you have the Pro account, it allows you to upload images in full memory size, but doesn't automatically show them in full size, unless you choose to view them at full size. It actually works great for me, as I upload at full memory size, which gives me the security of having a lot of my pictures backed up, in case of hard drive failure. Plus I have them all backed up to a external HD.

When I post pictures on forums, I usually post full sized pics, though some forums don't allow that. This one does!! Though I'm not sure if Premium Membership is required for full size posting or not.

BTW, Finn, still waiting to see pics of your newest Zoanthid acquisition!!!

Blue Steel's
rack.jpg

those acans are just incredible in the pic

I just noticed the color on these things they other day in ,y sisters tank down in the corner.

Anybody ever seen ones that look these

IMGP4661-1.jpg

Back