Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Artguy, the RPEs are the ones from you!! They're doing great!!

They are looking good! Glad everything made the trip back for you!

Is Madison feeling better yet?

Those Tubs Blues are stellar!!! I'd like keep a colony in my tank in the future.

All the Best
Greg P

It's mostly believed that Zoanthids don't eat in captivity. IMO, they do eat, but it's not a large part of their requirements. Zoanthids rely heavily on zooanthella, so do need the light. I sometimes will spot feed mine cyclopeeze. They do close up and appear to eat, but I can't be sure if they're actually eating or closing because they're being irritated.

Some have experimented with supplementing vitamin C with mixed results. There's a fairly good thread about that on here and one on RC. Most who have tried the vit. C regiment, did so because of problems they were having with their Zoanthids. I wasn't having any issues, but figured I'd try it. I didn't notice any benefit from it, though only did it for about 2 months. Finn can give you more information about the vit. C dosing procedures, or it can be found here http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1494717

Great shots Finn, love your Tubbs Blues...what are some of the others called? I know common names are somewhat up in the air, but do you have any idea by chance? Great to see some different types!!!

Great shots Finn, love your Tubbs Blues...what are some of the others called? I know common names are somewhat up in the air, but do you have any idea by chance? Great to see some different types!!!

Thanks guys

1. PPE
2. Nuclear Greens
3. ? bought them from Barrier Reef
4. GPE
5. Bam Bams
6. Sold to me as AOG
7 Tubs Blues

Thanks guys

1. PPE
2. Nuclear Greens
3. ? bought them from Barrier Reef
4. GPE
5. Bam Bams
6. Sold to me as AOG
7 Tubs Blues

Sweet Finn, thanks for describing them a bit. They sure look healthy. Yeah, what returnofsid said, "get bored more often".

All the Best

Pics 2nd and 3rd, where are they placed in your tank? High or low flow? Shaded or more light? Very vibrant colors.

At the time of picture they are near the bottom in front on frag racks.
I'd sat medium flow. Not shaded at all, but a long ways from the mh lighting.

Good to see all is well Marty. Looks like things are back on track :D. Like always "Looking Good".

Actually I've moved all the stuff I want to keep from the zoanthid tank out to the 240 and will be taking the 40 down.
Might be in the market for a cube or something similar.

Playing with camera!!!
only three frags but well!
I LIKE UM
I don't know what thy ar exactly?!?
two different types?
DEC12023.jpg

DEC12015.jpg

DEC12024.jpg

Finally got a good picture of these -

GIJane.jpg

I was calling them GI Janes but there is one under the stardust paly that is labeled 'similar morph' to the stardust paly that looks a lot like this one.

These are two babies -
gijanes2.jpg

I love these zoas - closest thing on zoaid are called Blue Halos -
bluehalozoas.jpg

PPE knock-offs are growing fast. I saw someone call these Joker Palys but they don't seem to be the same as on zoaid -
ppeknockoffs.jpg

Back