lets see the BLASTO'S!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Alright Ilham, you pulled my finger! :p I can't find the better pics of this one and pics of my purple with blue mouth wellsi. I'll try and take more pics this weekend!

blasto3.JPG

I've never tried them under PCs. Mine are under 250W MH, but at the very bottom and in the very front corner of a 2' tank.

I was temtep to try blastos this weekend but i don't know enough about them. Are they a hard coral to keep? Do they need a lot of flow/light?

The ones i've seen in this thread are great!!!

I've got a colony of blasto's under 130watts of PC lighting. It's a 29 gallon tank and they're about 8 inches from the surface, so far so good. They have reasonable flow and I target feed with cyclopeeze. I've had the colony for about a month so far and everything looks good. So long term under PC's, I don't know, but I'm optomistic!!!

To quote Mr. Calfo:

<I'd need a clearer image of the polyps to be sure... but as a red Faviid or a Blastomussa, it will be treated the same (low light... moderate (not too weak!) water flow. Best regards! Anthony>

From here:

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/mussidfaqs.htm

And I would say that from his quote above, feeding would certainly be in order. I feed my tank pretty heavily, so I tend not to target feed very much.

Nice Blasto's everyone. This is one coral I dont have much of (just a couple)
No fish stores seem to have them in when I am looking for them.
if anyone wants to frag let me know!!!!

Matt

Blastomossa Merletti Nice Angel!

Great Picture Angel! Boy It sure looks nice thanks for posting the Picture. Can you tell me anything about the Blastomossa Merleti are they a hi light required coral ? Are you feeding , Target feeding it?
Again Very nice Angel...Jeff

Last edited:
Great Picture Angel! Boy It sure looks nice thanks for posting the Picture. Can you tell me anything about the Blastomossa Merleti are they a hi light required coral ? Are you feeding , Target feeding it?
Again Very nice Angel...Jeff

Everything I've read say low flow and low in the tank. I have observed it catching food when I feed the tank but I don't target feed. HTH Jeff.

Agree. Mine are on the bottom, against a wall, and partially shaded.

I don't target feed either, but my tank is fairly high nutrient.

Back