Let's See Those Clams!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here is a few of mine i have 2 mone i didnt take pics of i like these babies
Darrell

Sorry About the bad pics here is some retakes these are alot better
Darrell

Here's a close-up of a T. squamosa. It almost looks like a piece of modern art :)

Regards,
Kevin
25squamosa-macroC-1-03.JPG

New Clams!

I just picked up a bunch of Golden Teardrop Maximas ranging in size from 4 to 6 inches. These guys are simply stunning! Oh ya I got some great Ultra Blue Croceas too.

Paul

Here's my Foot Ball size Derasas with Close up; croceas and squamosa. I accidently dropped a piece of LR into my Derasas last week. He/she is recovering but it was scary. I've had the Derasas for about 6 years.

Heres a couple of Maxi's. the big one is about 12 to 14 inches
clamcove.jpg

close up of bertha
bertha.jpg

Mike

Yea they are the grown up version of the golden tear drop maxis. I cant get the color to come out that well with the camera, thiers alot more of a blue hue to them. Its funny thier pattern has change twice so far, the patterns seem to be getting thinner and more dence as they grow.

Mike

Mojo teardrop maxi?

Hey Mojo , Big bertha and her twin have a 12 inch sister in my tank. They are a common color pattern in squasmosa clams. The dot dash lined mantle with green rim is imported in large sizes . Notice the enormous width verses length as compared with maxima, extra large scutes ,both identifier traits for squasmosa.

Back