LFS in Tacoma

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tazcorp

Hi All,

I just moved to Tacoma and I need some help finding a good LFS down here. I am very familiar with all of the Bellevue, Renton, Seattle stores, but would like to find some closer to Tacoma. I am aware of Indor Reef, but are there others? I did a search an just got a bunch of people who were selling their stuff in the Tacoma area.

Thanks for the help!

There is one on 6th avenue called indoor reef, i went in there when i moved here a few months back and i was not impressed in the least.

probably one of the worst LFS i have ever been in livestock wise

I just felt like they had a VERY limited livestock supply, both fish and coral.

I didnt get a chance to speak to anyone there but like i said, first impression was i wasnt impressed. They may have been loading up the next day for all I know...So don't take my word for it, go in and check em out.

You wont find much in Tacoma, but there are different stores that specialize in different things in the surrounding areas.

Indoor Reef doesn't have a huge fish selection like it used to before it moved, but now they usually have a good amount of corals. Alot of people buy them on delivery day, which is bad for the corals.

Midway Pets in Kent, never by livestock from this place unless you like throwing money down the toilet. However they have a good selection of LR, in huge rubbermaid containers that you can shift through yourself.

Fish Gallery Pets in Renton and Kent are good for fish, but very bad for inverts and their corals are hugely overpriced.

Petsmart doesn't carry salt water.

Petco is extraordinarily bad in Western Washington area, not sure about East.

I didn't go past Renton except when I went to Seattle about once a month or so, but some people on this site have some really nice LFS that I would check out. They are probably worth the drive.

I should probably mention that the best luck I've had is with online delivery. I have always used petsolutions.com and so far I have only lost 1 coral that I have ever bought and it was my fault. The fish come in fairly well but the corals are always outstanding.

I only go to the LFS for eye candy and I only handpick my LR. Again you might want to drive up north to the good LFS that most people on this site use.

P_tco in Lak_wood has an _xc_ll_nt s_l_ction and v_ry good pric_s.......

Bri_ do_s th_ ord_rs and tak_s good car_ of th_ fish!

I'd like to buy an "E" and solve the puzzle Pat!"

Ahhhh, I wondered which store she worked at. Might have to make the trip, need a couple chocolate chips. :rolleyes:Hmmmm, need to think of a second good reason to drive to lakewood first :lol:

P_tco in Lak_wood has an _xc_ll_nt s_l_ction and v_ry good pric_s.......

Bri_ do_s th_ ord_rs and tak_s good car_ of th_ fish!

I'd like to buy an "E" and solve the puzzle Pat!"

Thats the one by Starbucks right? Ive bought 2 fish from them, one I had for 2 years and the other for 3. Sometimes I go in there and everything looks sick and sometimes they look good.

Ahhhh, I wondered which store she worked at. Might have to make the trip, need a couple chocolate chips. :rolleyes:Hmmmm, need to think of a second good reason to drive to lakewood first :lol:

well I live kinda not too far from there. You could swing by my place and we could go over together.

taz,

you may wanna take a 40 min drive across the tacoma narrows bridge to the Shark Reef http://www.thesharkreef.net/ in Silverdale

they are a sponsor here,
they get there shipments in on tue/wed (maybe thurs too)

good luck,

Russ

I've heard great things about Shark Reef as well but never got a chance to go.

Theres a place I used to go to sometimes called Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood. The corals are expensive but good quality, sometimes gets fish that other LFS dont usually carry like sharks, but they're usually low on fish stock. I havent been there in awhile so I dont know how it is now.

I've heard great things about Shark Reef as well but never got a chance to go.

Theres a place I used to go to sometimes called Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood. The corals are expensive but good quality, sometimes gets fish that other LFS dont usually carry like sharks, but they're usually low on fish stock. I havent been there in awhile so I dont know how it is now.

Last time i was there the guy said something about his a part off of his air conditioner being stolen out behind the store and i think he lost a lot of stock from it, and is now getting everything back together.

I may not have that 100% correct, but i know im close. lol

I go to p*tco in lakewood once a week, :rolleyes: they always have a ton of fish although they are crammed together they ussualy look healthy. I have two clowns from there and they are doing wonderful. The guy that works there though can be kinda rude and wasnt 100% on his info but was close cant know everything about every fish. He tried.

I went to indoor reef and was ignored by the two guys working there, and im cute too! Just dont know how thats possible. :D

The wild side on canyon road has saltwater stuff, umm i dont like the owner my friend used to work there and the owner thew a box at her. They drink on the job too. No joke! But the fish guy is cool, i wouldnt take any advice from him though, he recomended the undergravel filter and CC.

Just my 2 cents.

taz,

you may wanna take a 40 min drive across the tacoma narrows bridge to the Shark Reef http://www.thesharkreef.net/ in Silverdale

they are a sponsor here,
they get there shipments in on tue/wed (maybe thurs too)

good luck,

Russ

I 2nd the Shark Reef ,lots of livestock ,great selection of soft coral and amazing Jakarta Liverock, it is worth the drive , the wife gets pissed when I tell her I am going over the bridge , She thinks I am paying there Power bill;)

Last time i was there the guy said something about his a part off of his air conditioner being stolen out behind the store and i think he lost a lot of stock from it, and is now getting everything back together.

I may not have that 100% correct, but i know im close. lol

I go to p*tco in lakewood once a week, :rolleyes: they always have a ton of fish although they are crammed together they ussualy look healthy. I have two clowns from there and they are doing wonderful. The guy that works there though can be kinda rude and wasnt 100% on his info but was close cant know everything about every fish. He tried.

I went to indoor reef and was ignored by the two guys working there, and im cute too! Just dont know how thats possible. :D

The wild side on canyon road has saltwater stuff, umm i dont like the owner my friend used to work there and the owner thew a box at her. They drink on the job too. No joke! But the fish guy is cool, i wouldnt take any advice from him though, he recomended the undergravel filter and CC.

Just my 2 cents.

LOL yeah I've been ignored there too! When they split up their origional partnership the customer service kinda went down hill.

Back