lfs tour of northern parts of norhtern washington

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

natep206

nate
ok so i live near northgate mall and next friday am going to be going as far north as kent to see as many lfss as possible. the one i go to is "the fish store" in the u district.

the stores i already am planning on visiting are "below sea level", "denny's pet world", "salt water city", all three "fish gallery & pets" and possibly if i have the time go a little farther to blue sierra.

do u know of any other lfss in seattle, kirkland, bellevue, renton or kent. and are they worth the trip. i can go north of me but dont want to go then maybe 20 miles.

lmk thanks
nate:)

yeah. i have visited Kahuna Corals before. on of my favorites. notice the avatar lol. thanks for the heads up about bellow sea level.

any other lfss i should check out?

nate

ok heres the skinny on the south side.

fish gallery renton/kent has salt/fresh. reasonable

midway pet has salt/ fresh small salt section.

now those are the ones around me. If I was buying something for my own tanks I would goto midway.

stores I would buy from ( if they were alittle cheaper lol ) I have bought alot from these stores.

blue seirra in issaquah
saltwater city in bellevue
midway pets in des moines

have not been to indoor reef in tacoma since they moved but very nice before.

below sea level is gone

the fish store is overpriced like no tomorrow or was at least. not meaning to offend anyone but they had a 5 inch crocea clam that was 1st-2nd grade for $150 that is a little spendy and I didnt look after that. kinda walked in and walked out.

aquarium paradise in lakewood is a nice set-up, but for some reason I wont buy from there.

now that is my take on the lfs in this area, and this is the reason I am opening a shop somewhere in the pacific northwest region this fall.
sorry too all local fish store I do not endorse. Plus I am being nice. I will not say what I feel on this site about a couple non sponsers of RF
remember Just My Opinion

Last edited:
go to portland and get your mind blown!!
upscales
soutas
waves
if you've been to blue sierra, shark reef, ocean reef aquatics and kahuna corals than you've seen everything that is nice as well as fairly priced. other stores might have some nice stuff but what good is it if it's unreasonably overpriced!

go to portland!!

although i suspect that things around here locally will get better soon!
with the advent of competition usually comes good deals for customers:)

Last edited:
this is my thoughtPORTLAND IS AWSOME!!@%$#&^, it makes not want to go anywhere in washington. but i have been to mostly every store and this is my opinion(do not take offensivly).
1.tropical fish world(summner)-okay, doesnt get very much in
2.wildside(puyallup)-pretty good, getting better
3.aquarium paradise(tacoma-ish)-good quality, high prices
4.indoor reef(tacoma)-good quality, some prices high and some low
5.ocean reef aquatics(poulsbo)-awsome, mario is the man
6.shark reef(bremerton)-awsome, eric is the other man
7.fish gallery's(renton&kent)-okay, depends on the day
8.midway(cant remember)-good, but small selection
9.the fish store(seattle)-good, if you like high prices
10.denny's(cant remember)-high prices, unkind staff
11.the one in gig harbor-high prices
12.saltwater city(bellvue)-good, high prices