LFS trade-in

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jiddy

I was curious what your LFS gives you guys around the world, even you guys in WA, lol

What would your LFS give you for a anemone (mine split and i let it get healthy and traded one of them to the LFS) I got $15, I thought that was pretty fair

I traded in some zoo's (about 15-20) that were spreading pretty nicely. I got $7.50

Anyways, just curious, i plan on gettin rich off selling my zoo's

L

PM Dang, he sales a lot to LFS. (Tamarind Thai). Sounds ok I always hear 1/3rd of what they can sell for.

My LFS is great at trade ins. At least i think so. I got about 65 bucks for about 20 stalks or so of unwanted xenia that started to take over my old tank.
I also paid 65 for my grouper kept it for about two months and trade it back for exactly what i paid because he was getting to be a problem in my tank and he was about 2" bigger.

So i think that my LFS is more than generous. Iguess its because he knows that i will just give the money right back and more to him after about 10 mins of browsing.

I have never traded to an LFS before. However, when I owned my store it was for 1/3rd the price that i charged. Just like Brad stated!:D

In my area its usually half of what person sells it for. You get store credit towards buying something else. Either way, you both actually help each other out. The store owner is in business to make money.

hmm one time i asked one lfs around here if i could give them some kenya trees and the guy told me no :p and that if i wanted store credit it had to be something like mushrooms or sps.

my lfs is pretty sorry about trade-ins..i give them livestock sometimes that i just want to be rid of...they still stiff me when i try to trade something..they will mark it up way higher than what they gave me for it, even after i originally bought it from them in the first place!!!!as a matter of fact, i am about to try to trade some clowns later on today!!!!

I don't know about SW fish.

But when I was doing FW fish and had to move, I brought in close to 30 semi-rare cichlids. I got $10.

Then I saw what they were selling my fish for. The cheapest one was for $45.

Dangit.

Well i went to my fav LFS and got 30dollars *store credit* for about 7 big stalks of Xenia, i was impressed

I've never traded to an LFS either but I'm sure I pay 1/2 to 2/3 more than they give you guys that trade to them....ok ok sorry couldnt help it.:rolleyes:

Back