LifeReef system; Pro's & Con's

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bjonesjr1

I'm in the search of purchasing a sump, skimmer & all the works to get my tank up and running !!

I was looking at these to begin with a few months back as I was in the planning stage of my build, but was going to try and build my own sump out of a 30gal tank, to cut costs some so I could spend more on other things like my skimmer, controller, pumps, etc... Well that didn't go so well as I am not a sump builder and didn't do so well with playing with glue !! Those skills will come to me as I master the art of sump building later on in my life:D

I've come across a really good deal I think on a LR system, the CLF1... So I wanted to hear other people's opinions and their thoughts on this system, & how well it will work with my 75gallon tank, before I go ahead & purchase it.

Thanks for everyone's help, as I'm new to RF because I've recently moved to the great Northwest & have found out that its alot better here than Reef Central for help.

I will when I take a stroll into their store tomorrow. I'm supposed to let my friend know on this CLF-1 package today, so I may just have to pass it up... we will see !!!

My other option is to have a sump built & then purchase everything to get it up & running. Which I'll spend more than the $375 for what I can get from my buddy... Thats my deley. trying to decide !!

I have an LF1-200s with the optional fuge and I like it. The skimmer consistently pulls out loads of dark goo and the design has kept all the micro bubbles out of the main 180.

Eric

Back