Light Bulb Comparisons

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i will have the 10k in the middle, and a 14k on each end...i have the 2-14k's already..i will eventually get all 10k's( i think)

Wow... that sure has a yellow tint for a 10k XM bulb, Was this pic with the actinics that are included in that system? I am starting to think that ballast is under voltage or such.. Here is a pic of my tank with 6 month old XM 10k's these are on a 250 watt HQI PFO ballast.. for reference...

Attachments

• tank1.JPG
    tank1.JPG
    91.9 KB
It would help to post what ballast & wattage along with the K to get a better idea of what is being compared.

I've been toying with bulb options, and I've decided on the Hamilton 14K. It's crisp white. I currently run the Phoenix, and it's entirely too blue. Recently, I tried an IceCap 10000K, since they're rated for the highest PAR.

bulb_compare.jpg

Yea that must be one of the problem bulbs. I also bought the XM 10k last year and it was very yellow, similar to what you have but sent it back for another one, it should be a very crisp white not yellow !

Here's a photo of what the XM 10k should look like:

144_4440.jpg

thats the color I want :)

Wow... that sure has a yellow tint for a 10k XM bulb, Was this pic with the actinics that are included in that system? I am starting to think that ballast is under voltage or such.. Here is a pic of my tank with 6 month old XM 10k's these are on a 250 watt HQI PFO ballast.. for reference...

yes that is with the actinics on :mad:

Yea that must be one of the problem bulbs. I also bought the XM 10k last year and it was very yellow, similar to what you have but sent it back for another one, it should be a very crisp white not yellow !

Here's a photo of what the XM 10k should look like:

144_4440.jpg

Where did you send it to?

i just purchased an XM 10k..i am putting it in the middle and having a 14k bulb on each end of the tank

Also we have to be careful on what camera settings we are taking these tanks.... Specially the white balance settings.

Back