LIGHTING - Any body want to trade....Suggestions?????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hazyeyedj

Ok, had a crazy idea today, don't expect it to be a go but you never know, so I figured I would throw it out there and see if anybody is interested.

A little background, I have had my 55-hex set up for 3 years and am running minimal lighting for what I want to do in there and now that I have my 125 up and running have been able to move my trigger to the 125 and started making the 55 a reef set up.

I bought the 125 used for a great deal and the lighting it came set up with was 2 x VHO 110w Super Actinic 03 and 2 x 400w 10k MH. Now being that this is a FOWLR tank I am way overkill on lighting. I am planning to build a new canopy for my hex and in that putting 4 x 55w PC Actinic and moving over 1 of the 400w 10k MH's, then moving the remaining MH on the 125 to be centered and possibly adding two more VHO's.

Now the crazy part, is there anybody out there that would be interested in some sort of trade on 2 x 400w MH 10k bulbs, moguls, wiring and PFO ballest for 3 x 250w bulbs, moguls, wiring and ballest? Perhaps not straight across trade but something reasonable and fair for both parties of course.

Anyhow there it is, I just think my 125 will look better with 2 x 250's than 1 x 400 and I think I may run into heat issues and actually be a little to much light at 10.5 watts per gallon on the 55.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the lighting set up is welcomed.

-Jason

Back