Lighting for anemones

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Kolesmytoad

question: We have a long tenticle and a rose bubble tip anemone. Does anyone know what the best lighting is for them.
We have 175 watt metal halide, 400 watt metal halide. Our tank is 21" from sand to light. We started off with a power pack, but the rose bubbletip shrank to nearly nothing.this anemone is on a rock about 1/2 way to the top of the tank (it's choice) I thought it was a goner:cry: So we took that off and put the 175 MH. Both looked so happy. They ate. I fed them defrosted shrimp pieces, but today the long tenticle is (rolling up) yesterday it was aprox 7 inches in diameter. Today elongated 7 inches. I don't want to kill them!!!!!! HELP PLEASE:(

question: We have a long tenticle and a rose bubble tip anemone. Does anyone know what the best lighting is for them.
We have 175 watt metal halide, 400 watt metal halide. Our tank is 21" from sand to light. We started off with a power pack, but the rose bubbletip shrank to nearly nothing.this anemone is on a rock about 1/2 way to the top of the tank (it's choice) I thought it was a goner:cry: So we took that off and put the 175 MH. Both looked so happy. They ate. I fed them defrosted shrimp pieces, but today the long tenticle is (rolling up) yesterday it was aprox 7 inches in diameter. Today elongated 7 inches. I don't want to kill them!!!!!! HELP PLEASE:(

How long has your tank been up? A tank should be 1-1.5 years old to get established and parameters to stay constant and steady, before introducing a anemone. Also need your tank parameters and how long have you had the anemones? What type/kind of lighting did they come from. Will need more information to help.

The tank has been established for aprox 2 -2 1/2 years. The size of the tank is 30wx12dx23h. We have a wave maker and a Maxi Jet powerhead 1200. I don't know what wattage they came from, but I know it was a MH. The degrees in the tank are 78.5. I bought the bubble tip on the 7th of this month and the long tenticle on the 20th. I hope this helps you some. Also how often should we be feeding them?

How long has your tank been up? A tank should be 1-1.5 years old to get established and parameters to stay constant and steady, before introducing a anemone. Also need your tank parameters and how long have you had the anemones? What type/kind of lighting did they come from. Will need more information to help.

Maybe I replied in the wrong spot:?: Our tank is 45 gallon hooked up to 100 gallon sump that has been established for 2- 2 1/2 years. It is 30wx12dx23h. We have a wave maker and a Maxijet powerhead 1200. I'm not sure what wattage they came from, but I know it was MH. I bought the bubble tip on the 7th and the long tenticle this past Friday the 20th. I hope this will help some.

I have had my rbta under T-5 set up and now under 400w 20k radium and he loves both lights. I saw no effect after the change and I only acclimated him to the new lighting for 2 days running only a few hours a day. If they are not doing well its prob not the lighting there has to be more to it.

What are your water parameters, and we need pics of the anemones to better help you.

Nick

Back