Lighting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ArloGut

Just a quick ?? I have 2 250W MH & 2 110W VHO's in my DIY canopy I had to run the VHO's down the middle of the reflectors for the MH will that Be a problem?

Thanks

Try Private Messeging Luke (liveforphysics) Thats something he will know about. He does all kinds of things with lights.

I don't understand the last part of your question? You have two VHO's right down the middle of your hood right? Where do you want to put the MH lights? Usually on a 4ft Tank I'd put the two MH center & perpendicular to the tank length. Then if necessary use stand offs to raise the VHO's high enough to clear the MH reflectors.

Scooter

I have the MH bulbs running down the middle & perpendicular as you stated and I do have the VHO's on stand-offs and they do clear the reflectors I main question is will this set-up be alright, and not degrade the reflector? Here is a better pic.

Thanks

Last edited:
wrightme43 said:
Try Private Messeging Luke (liveforphysics) Thats something he will know about. He does all kinds of things with lights.

You're joking right?

DD

Luke thinks he's God's gift to everything, but reality is he's like 16 and very Green. Steve might have been smoked by this kid, but I'm trying to do damage control.

DD

Luke thinks he's God's gift to everything, but reality is he's like 16 and very Green. Steve might have been smoked by this kid, but I'm trying to do damage control.

DD

Ahhh...Gotcha! I don't personally know him... I guess Steve will have to reply as to why he suggested Luke:)

Last edited:
Did I miss something here :confused:

Was that just a friendly jab in the ribs or something else ??

heres a better question, if i place my VHO bulbs next to my MH ones in my setup im DIY'ing, will the MH make my VHO's to hot and "damage" the setups performance

I have some that are about 3" from the mh bulb to the vho bulb. It's been that way for approx 6 months and I don't see any areas on the vho bulb that look abnormal. I do have 3 fans that are blowing air in the canopy when the lights are on.

Well here is a pic of the set-up. BTW I will remove the plastic on the reflectors when I am done painting.

Arlo

DSC01990.jpg

DSC01988.jpg

BTW, what are you going to do about heat in there because from the pic, the canopy looks closed in?

Did I miss something here

Was that just a friendly jab in the ribs or something else ??

Hopefully a friendly jab because this is a friendly forum:)

Back