Link to styro shipping boxes?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mfinn

Surgeonfish
Does anybody have a link to single styro shipping boxes and heat packs?
All the places I know of only sell multiple boxes and heat packs.
I want to do trade with someone that hasn't done a long distance coral trade before. I thought I could buy a single shipping box and a heat pack and have it sent to him.

Don't have a link...however, what about lining a box with sheet styro? Heating packs can be picked up at most sporting good stores or even in the sporting goods dept of Walmart. I've been shipped corals where the box was lined in 1/2" or 3/4" sheet styro that was cut to fit. Worked very well. Newspaper was crumpled up and placed between heat pack and coral bags, then styro was fit on top before box was closed. I was very impressed...lol.

Don't have a link...however, what about lining a box with sheet styro? Heating packs can be picked up at most sporting good stores or even in the sporting goods dept of Walmart. I've been shipped corals where the box was lined in 1/2" or 3/4" sheet styro that was cut to fit. Worked very well. Newspaper was crumpled up and placed between heat pack and coral bags, then styro was fit on top before box was closed. I was very impressed...lol.

I've had 4 coral shipments this winter and the best (warmest) was packed exactly like you described. Mostly because the shipper made sure the box was able to breath, (oxygen to the heat pack).

I'm hoping to find a single small box I can buy to send to this guy, who hasn't done this before, to make it as easy as possible for him.

Marty if you are looking for smaller box. I have a 12x16x6'' styro foam box you can have.

Thanks, I have some here, but I need to to get some to a guy in CA.
My thinking was to order a shipping box and heat pack and send them to the guy that has a frag I want.
I figure the place I order from would have a better shipping rate, than if I just sent him a box and heat pack I have here.

the key to getting those heat packs to work well for the trip is to open them up and get them going an hour or two before you ship. then taped to the inside top of the cooler they will do what they are supposed to.

I like these boxes. Not cheap, but thick walled and give you true control of whats going on inside with some creative wrapping of the hot or cold packs depending on specific circumstances. I can confidently ship in 20 degree or 100 degree weather with these things

this is the size box I use most when trading or fragging, but you can go bigger or smaller if you like.

https://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp?model=S-9903

the key to getting those heat packs to work well for the trip is to open them up and get them going an hour or two before you ship. then taped to the inside top of the cooler they will do what they are supposed to.

I like these boxes. Not cheap, but thick walled and give you true control of whats going on inside with some creative wrapping of the hot or cold packs depending on specific circumstances. I can confidently ship in 20 degree or 100 degree weather with these things

this is the size box I use most when trading or fragging, but you can go bigger or smaller if you like.

https://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp?model=S-9903

Yeah those are good boxes, but I'm still looking for a place to order single boxes from.:D

Back