lionfish question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brady816

Hello all my question is about my lion fish. There doing good but it seems like every time i walk past the fish tank they go to the top and just look up at the top of the tank.. Is this normal??? Im feeding them once every 3 days i dont know if i need to feed them more???

No, every three days is perfect. They get used to you being the one that feeds them and will beg like dogs, its rather funny to watch:lol:

Sounds like a typical cichlid attitude...Are they related:p Some fish will do that which I think is a good sign. I wouldn't take it as hunger because some fish will just stuff themselves at any chance they can (like oscars) even if they are totally full:)

Yea i have one of those i have mine trained like a dog i swear that when i am sitting watching tv that its looking at me:)lol its like having a extra kid in the house.

your lions are looking up because they catch your reflection on the top of the water and when they see movement like that they investigate to see if it is food!

it is funny though my volitan does the same thing..

Matt

Always keep in mind that anything that will fit in their mouths can be potential food. These (lionfish) are eating machines, do some prefer crustaceans an inverts yes, but never trust that they will "get along" with anything that could potentially be food. Don't believe me, check out some of the sad stories on grim reefers ( http://grimreefers.com/ )Those clown fish are living on borrowed time in a lions den, its just the nature of the beast...fish are food.:badgrin:

Last edited:
i dont think the dwarf lions will get any bigger than they are now. My clown fish are bigger than there mouth. So im thinking they will be ok.

Brady, post some more pictures of your lions if you have any, they look beautiful from what I could see. Not sure if you saw my dwarf so here are a few shots...

DSC_0849aMedium.jpg

DSC_0766aMedium.jpg

DSC_0768aMedium.jpg

DSC_0771aMedium.jpg

DSC_0788aMedium.jpg

DSC_0792aMedium.jpg

DSC_0794aMedium.jpg

DSC_0828aMedium.jpg

DSC_0868fixedMedium.jpg

i seen that beautiful guy when you first got him on your thread... i will get some pics up later on today football is on!!!! Go COWBOYS!!!

Back